Misinformation in list of Registered Members

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 607, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Hi, it's me again!

I'm pretty sure this has been like this since I joined, but I finally realised that this is incorrect. :p On https://empireminecraft.com/members/, it says
    This is not true, the list is sorted by the join date of the members. I checked this by looking through some pages, and then finally, mostly for fun, finding the page with myself on it. Could this be rectified? :p

Although actually... you know, of course the simple solution is to change the text to reflect the actual behaviour. But maybe it could be fun to actually have the list sorted by last activity. :D I thought you could use the Recent Activity tab for that, but whenever I've been online that is filled with "607 liked [player's] post in the thread [thread]". :rolleyes: I assume this wouldn't be easily doable, though, so the more likely solution is the obvious one. :) Also, people might argue that it's better for them or others to have the list sorted by join date, and in that case, that option would need to be kept available... but I still wanted to bring up the alternative possible solution when I thought of it. :D
    Jelle68 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. Better chance for Aikar to change the wording. Idk even how long it's been that way, but my guess is forever.
    Stnywitness likes this.
  3. Unfortunately I doubt Aikar will be able to relocate you from page 3283 to page 607 if that was what you were wishing for. :D
  4. U never know the power of bribes

Wait did i say that out loud? Lol 😂
  5. Misinformation

This is fake news y'all !!!
  6. You found me too? Why? xD It was striking to see several pages of people who joined on the same day. Nowadays, it takes several days to fill a single page. :oops: Maybe that's because almost everyone who is interested in Minecraft or forums has already made an account... :rolleyes: I doubt it. :c
  7. Okay, I might be surprising some of you here (including Krysyy); at least I'm surprised myself!
    This was not worded incorrectly; in fact, the list indeed used to be sorted by last activity!
    I have come to this conclusion by exploring the captures in the Web Archive of this page. In the first two, despite there being hundreds of pages already, JustinGuy appears somewhere on the first page. Of course if it was sorted by joindate, this would be impossible, as he was the first member to join. However, if it was sorted by activity, that's quite natural, as he used to be very active. On those captures, besides JustinGuy about half of the page is populated with people that already had quite some posts, which would of course be impossible if they had just joined.
    The switch occurred some time in 2012. I wonder why, now!!
    (I confirmed that there was a full switch, and it's not that it just stopped being properly updated at some point, as when you go to the last page now, JustinGuy's at the bottom of it)
    Jelle68 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. I looked for it on Google, but couldn't find it. Does anyone know why this change was made?
    Maybe it was done so so players could lurk with "Show online status" off without being found out. There's also the "Current Visitors" tab, so I'll check if that makes you disappear from there! For now, strangely, my online status is actually still displayed, even though I did uncheck the option. I guess it takes some time to update. Unless you can always see your own status... but that would be confusing and unnecessary, so I doubt it.
    In any case, if nobody has a good reason for why this was removed, maybe it should be brought back. :)
  9. Indeed it seems like you can. Strange. This made it harder to test, but according to Tom I did disappear from the Current Visitors tab. So yeah, it's probably so people can lurk while being logged on, without having to worry about being found out. :p
    I guess that does make sense, and as the old functionality doesn't seem particularly useful anyway, it would make sense to keep it as it is now (providing the text is updated to match ;)).
  10. This is still an issue.