Minecraft PC Engineering Research: share some PC diagnostic info for 100 rupees

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Carconductor, Nov 22, 2016.

?

Are you satisfied with the PC you use to play minecraft?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2016.
Yes, I'm delighted to play Minecraft with my PC. 19 vote(s) 47.5%
Yes I'm satisfied, but it could be better 11 vote(s) 27.5%
My PC works ok when I reduce the video settings 2 vote(s) 5.0%
My PC works well only on minimum settings 5 vote(s) 12.5%
My PC barely works and is useless in combat 3 vote(s) 7.5%
My PC is only good for reading forum posts. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I'm working on a fun paper for a Systems Engineering class. The topic is Minecraft PC. As background research for this paper, I'd like to survey fellow players on EMC on the personal computer that they use to play Minecraft and how well it performs for them. As a token of appreciation for sharing their info, I'll a pay 100 rupee fee for the first 100 replies containing the data I'm looking for. To earn the fee, please do the following steps:
    • Assess how well your PC plays Minecraft by assigning a number from 1 (awful) to 10 (delighted).
    • Go to the town spawn (on any smp),
    • Activate F3 (shows Minecraft diagnostics)
    • Record: Frame rate, CPU, Graphics Memory, and Display info (or take a screenshot)
    • Post your assessment and diagnostic data as a reply to this thread
    This data helps me quantify the relationship between the Minecraft PC diagnostics and how well the PC works for the Minecraft player. This survey ends in two weeks or after I receive 100 responses with data (whichever comes first). One fee per player please (no alts or repeated data with the same PC).
  2. My highest fame rate ever was 1233, in town, it's like 150ish?

Specs:
    Fx 4300 (Quad core) 3.1 ghz
    R7 200 series
    8 gigs ram
    1TB HDD
    Don't remember what my mobo is, I'll edit this once I get to check
    Carconductor likes this.
  3. Thank you Shahir.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being best), how well does this system play Minecraft?
    Do you have a graphics card and dedicated graphics memory (F3 upper right indicates this)?
    A frame rate of 150 is great. What resolution do you play on?
  4. 10

I normally get 300-500 range in town depending on how laggy the res is
    My minecraft utilizes 4 gigs of ram

Specs:
    CPU: intel xeon 1231v3
    8gb of ddr3
    1tb hard drive
    120gb ssd
    Z97 motherboard
    22in widescreen monitors 1080p
    Anything else you need?
    Carconductor likes this.
  5. Thank you NathanRP

300-500 fps in town is great. Does your system have a graphics card?
  6. oh yes :p gtx 960 :)
    Carconductor likes this.
  7. Probably 10. My graphics card is
    I play all of my games on 1600x900
    Mobo is GA-78LMT-S2
    Carconductor likes this.
  8. Thank you NathanRP and Shahir. I've paid your fees.
    These seem like nice Minecraft PCs.
  9. mine is for other things not just minecraft though :)
    Shahir likes this.
  10. Do you want us to use vanilla? mods like optifine or texture packs would change your results quite a bit.

I'm using vanilla for this
    At town spawn I get about 400fps

I'd say 10
    Specs:
    i7 6700k (OC'd to 4.5 ghz)
    GTX 1070 (OC'd to 2.1 ghz)
    16gb ddr4
    1920 x 1080
    Carconductor likes this.
  11. Thank you. I paid your fee.

The mods, texture packs, or video settings are whatever you normally like to play with. If the PC can't run the game the way you like to play, I'd expect the 1-10 assessment to suffer. The powerful PC you've described seems capable of running quite a bit.
    TromboneSteve likes this.
  12. For players who may not know their system well, using the F3 key while playing Minecraft is an easy way to collect the system data. See below for an example.

The frame rate is shown in the upper left corner. PC resources are shown in the upper right corner. Reply with this info (or post a screenshot like the one above) for your fee.
  13. i got a question,

I am happy with my setup, but it's becoming a bit outdated and doesnt give the advantages i hoped it would

I got a Z1 gaming motherboard and a Sapphire HD7870 Ghz edition + Sapphire 7870 regular card in crossfire. Crossfire wasnt what I hoped it'd be and doesnt work all too well. So now that my cards are starting to go backwards a bit i'm looking for a good card that I can replace them with. I want a good card that is strong but not too expensive.

any of you got any suggestions?

~Ecli
  14. Would you rate your system a 9? What frame rate do you achieve? I assume you have an i7-4700 with the Z1 MB.

The GTX 1070 that was mentioned earlier offers plenty of capability.
  15. I need a few more data points. If you'd prefer not to share your system info on the forums, you can catch me in game and I can collect the data via chat. I've been hunting turkeys in Hazard County on SMP2.
  16. Yea I saw it pass me by on a few sites! Looks good. I was thinking either a MSI or the Nvidia version.

Should work like a charm!
  17. 10, there's much I could do to make it perform better but there is no need
    After a couple of minutes fps was stable at 59 fps

Cpu: Intel I7-5020k @3.3GHz (Unoverclocked)
    Ram: 16gb DDR4 @2400MHz (Unoverclocked)
    Gpu: MSI GTX760 2GB (Factory OC)
    Displays: 3 x 1600x900 (Minecraft runs at 1600x837 because of window)
    Storage: 2 x 120GB Patriot Blaze SSDs (partitioned at 110GB)(Minecraft is on one, Windows is on the other)
    1 x 1TB HDD

Please do not send me any rupees!
    Carconductor likes this.
  18. Thank you TekhTonic. In your honor, I'll double the fee to the next person who replies with their assessment and system info.
    TekhTonic likes this.
  19. Here is my F3, I hope I can find my paper with everything on it later today...

And, if you wonder why I still think it can be loads better, this is how much fps I have got when I'm notmally plaing emc (with multiple accounds all afk'ing, and on my main residence)

Carconductor likes this.
  20. Thank you Jelle68, the diagnostics show enough.
    In your opinion on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, how well does your PC run Minecraft?