Minecraft music, on or off?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Oct 8, 2017.

?

I play with the music volume...

Poll closed Oct 22, 2017.
On 1 vote(s) 4.2%
Off 17 vote(s) 70.8%
On/off.. my speakers exploded when Momo roared in the wastelands so I don't hear anything anyway... 2 vote(s) 8.3%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 4 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. Hi gang!

This weekend my gf stopped by for a visit which was very relaxing and when I was showing her some of the stuff I've been working on in my creative world I suddenly noticed that she had the music turned on. I always play with the music volume set to 0 because the music eventually started to annoy me, especially because you kept hearing the same kinds of music over and over and over again.

But now that I haven't heard it for a while I couldn't help notice that the music still seems to have its magic so to speak.

So today I renamed my Minecraft folder and started a new world with vanilla settings to see how that would feel and look like, and quite frankly I wasn't disappointed at all. Of course.. considering that the music plays in random order I could just have been lucky with getting the right music for the right area (and maybe I was also in the right mood), but my game started in a savanna right next to a desert and mesa biome. I spawned near some trees and a small area of vegetation, the rest was basically sand and clay. So you're pretty much in the middle of no where and surviving that could become quite tricky..

And then all of a sudden this soft, somewhat mysterious and a little desolate music starts to pay. Priceless!

Right now I'm considering to turn up the music for a while again to see how well it behaves when I'm mining in the wastelands.

And it also made me wonder... do you play with music?
  2. The music that is in Minecraft I dont use, I have it turned off. I do go on YouTube and find my own music to play to though :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Minecraft music is annoying.
    PenguinDJ and mjnoe70 like this.
  4. I have the music set to 0 and everything else is set to around 25%. The only exception is blocks and that's set to around 5% (so I can still hear them slightly) for when I'm working on my wood farm (pistons are noisy :p). I just find my own music to replace the Minecraft music.
  5. I have the minecraft music turned off, because I pretty much always listen to my own music when playing minecraft, and two songs together usually doesn't go well. :p

In general I have all sounds turned off, except Jukebox/Note blocks, so I can still hear people PMing me, but not be absolutely deafened by iron golems dying in an iron farm. :p
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  6. I turn it off and on . Depends XD
    Merek_Shadower and WardleDeBoss like this.
  7. MC music is so bad. I usually listen to my own music :p
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  8. I have my music setting off all the time. It would be on, though, if the PC version of Minecraft played music 100% of the time like the console versions. I just sit in silence and listen to the sound effects when I'm actively playing and not using YouTube or something.
  9. A 5 year old using a xylophone would be better
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  10. I toggle it on and off. I like the end music and the nether... The nether just has that tone that just keeps me in the mood to deal with all the horrid things there. Sometimes I just have had enough and shut it all off. I don't really listen to music at all playing MC. Listening for the next big fight between the kids in the other room, phone calls. neighbors coming over etc, keeps me from that.

I do however always have the tv on tho
  11. I've been hearing the same music for 6~ years, so I'm pretty sick of it. I also turn of off when I'm playing UHC, or some other competitive minigame. I occasionally turn it on just to reminiscence, but it's normally off.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  12. I play Minecraft completely muted. No music or sound effects. The music is just terrible and the sound effects all feel unrealistic and out of place.

I usually like ambient music in video games. It gives the games life and makes them much more enjoyable.

And then there's Minecraft music...
  13. I don't think you people are kidding, right? Runder? EnderMagic? jjhhgg? Jay2a?
    I couldn't imagine there was anyone on this world who didn't love the Minecraft soundtrack. :confused:
    How is that possible? I've never seen such things in the comment sections of videos of the OST on YouTube...
    UltiPig, mjnoe70 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. Nope, I'm dead serious. I usually really like video game music. Life is Strange, Spiral Knights, Distance, VVVVVV, and Edge all have really great soundtracks and they're enjoyable to listen to.
    But Minecraft's music is a lot different somehow. It doesn't sound good and it's not catchy
  15. I second that
  16. I have minecraft music turned off, I find the lack of continuity in the music annoying where it just has massive gaps between tracks. I usually just put on an album or playlist on my phone instead, so if minecraft's music was rap I might turn it on :p
    UltiPig likes this.
  17. Huh, that's interesting. Thanks. :)

I really like C418's Minecraft soundtrack! :)
    Surely, it's not as good as Simcity 3000's soundtrack... (it works in the same way, where now and then one track plays, and then silence enters again) but I still really appreciate it, and it fits great with the game!

Now I wonder how many people at Mojang dislike the soundtrack. :p
    UltiPig likes this.
  18. Hard rock/metal when out killing stuff. Classic rock, pop, country when doing other stuff... ...or no music and just game sounds or other background noise. BTW, WoW has some of the best game music I've ever heard. The Civilization series is probably next for me.
    607 likes this.
  19. If we go talk video game music, I'll have dozens of incredible soundtracks to share. ;)
    But this is not the thread for it. :p
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  20. I love the music in minecraft, but metal music consumes me so i'd be listening to that while killing those damned zombies or just frolicking in the virtual leaves.

infant annihilator with a smile on my face walking through the leaves. imagine that :p
    mjnoe70 likes this.