Minecraft 1.2.5 snapshot released. APR 4 added to launcher.

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Twitch1, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minecraft 1.2.5 Prerelease

by Jens Bergensten on March 30, 2012

Hello
    The last few days we’ve had a Minecraft mini conference with the new Minecraft developers @Dinnerbone, @_grum, @tahgtahv and @EvilSeph (old bukkit members) and Mojang’s biz and web teams. We’ve discussed our short- and long-term plans for Minecraft, which includes stuff such as the modding API and making it easier to start servers to play with your friends and family on.
    The modding API will be designed and developed openly, to make sure we get important feedback from members of the community. It will obviously be inspired by the team’s experience from CraftBukkit, but will be created from scratch to avoid unnecessary dependencies on things that may not have been optimal in the past.
    We’ve also prepared to be a larger team spread over several time zones, so we’ve moved to using git instead of svn, started using a task and story tracker, and configured a build project using Maven and Gradle. This is just a lot of developer mumbo-jumbo, but what I’m trying to say is that we are doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes.
    Among the weekly tasks we’ve discussed whether we need to do a Minecraft 1.2.5 patch, or resume “snapshotting.” Unfortunately the 1.2.4 patch included a severe crash bug in the world generator, so we feel it’s necessary to officially patch the game again. We are aware that many of you use modded clients or play on the bukkit server implementation, and that patches causes a lot of overhead for you. Neither are officially supported of course, but it’s not in our interest to make it hard for people to play the game. The best compromise we could come up with was to make a pre-release of 1.2.5 today, and then update the game “for real” a few days later. This will give both modders and bukkit a few days to prepare for the release.
    So here it is, Minecraft 1.2.5,
    • Client download: JAR
    • Server download: JAR or EXE
    Changes:
    • Added shift clicking support in furnaces
    • Added method to easily acquire blocks you have selected in the world in Creative mode using the ‘pick block’ key
    • Made the Direct Connect dialog remember the last IP for the current session
    • Fixed issues detected certain links in chat
    • Fixed wild ocelots behaving like tamed cats
    • Fixed various chat crashes
    • Made cats less eager to sit on things
    • Made cats less patient
    • Fixed world generation failing under certain circumstances
    • Fixed issues turning off sound under certain circumstances
    • Removed all ghost entities under the command of Lord Herobrine
    • Fixed crash when pasting certain characters in chat
    • Fixed slash ‘/’ key not behaving correctly in certain environments
    • Fixed command matching being too greedy (for example: typing ‘/stophammertime’ no longer stops your server)
    • Fixed not being able to click coloured links
    • Fixed potential issue with village door detection (which could cause too many villagers)
    • Made using a stack of bowls on Mooshrooms not consume the whole stack of bowls
    • Made punching a TNT block with flint and steel in hand destroy and drop a TNT block (right-clicking will activate the TNT)
    The exact same version will be added to the launcher on Wednesday April 4, at 15:00 CEST (06:00 in California, 09:00 in Florida, 22:00 in Korea, and 23:00 in Sydney).
    Cheers,
    // jeb_ & co
  2. Please be aware, if you update before we do, you will not be able to access EMC... Mojang has changed tactics and is allowing the MOD community some leeway into adjusting for a new release by snapshot pre-release of the official update. :)
    Wat is that???
    HERE WE GO AGAIN...
  3. Im Same Here Cus In The Last Update They Got Rid Of Herobrine, Doesnt Bother Me.
  4. Yea, I hate that Mojang is fostering this stupid joke so much....
  5. wasnt herobrine ''removed'' in 1.6.6?
  6. No more asking this ridiculous question. This post is to inform folks that 1.2.5 is coming very soon, not to ask about "herobrine" the Minecraft rumor canon...
  7. was just a question, not really that it botters me herobrine.
    anyway back on topic:
    Made using a stack of bowls on Mooshrooms not consume the whole stack of bowls
    good fix :)
  8. I like the shift-clicking for furnaces. No more needing to install Convenient Inventory in conjunction with Inventory Tweaks.. FINALLY! :)
  9. hey your right, i hate placing it myself :D
  10. Added method to easily acquire blocks you have selected in the world in Creative mode using the ‘pick block’ key
    what they mean with this?
  11. prblya buttong that u press(button 3?)
    that allows u to hav a block easily
  12. He gets removed in every update
    Wat their just messing us around
  13. creepy noises, "i saw something there!",etc
  14. Closed because people can't leave the stupid herobrine joke at rest. This is a news post, not for discussing herobrine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.