March 2015 Contest: Follow the Leprechaun Adventure Map

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Well, working on this has certainly helped me learn command blocks... a week ago I had no idea what to do. Today, mostly thanks to MasterDude13 guiding me through technical difficulties, I only need to remember to actually add redstone clocks and to remember where all the []'s and {}'s go. Good luck to everybody entering.
    607, karatekick2001 and MasterDude13 like this.
  2. My teammate and I have some detailed mechanics going on ;)
    herocrafter2912 likes this.
  3. I should start this, I'm mainly going for the story section of the contest and maybe builds...
  4. Only about a week to go guys/gals!
    607 likes this.
  5. I just want to see the maps and maybe if you guys put them up for download, play them.
    607 likes this.
  6. could you tell me how to send a mine craft world to a player
  7. You'll need to navigate to your .minecraft folder;
    For Windows:
    -Go into your Search bar and type in "%appdata%", don't include the parentheses
    For Mac:
    -Go into your Search bar and type in "~/Library/Application Support/.minecraft"
    -Not 100% sure on the Mac one, I used Minecraft Wiki for that =P
    From there enter the saves, select and right-click the proper world. A bar will pop up, scroll over "Send to" then click on "Compressed (zipped) folder". Move this folder to your desktop, for ease of access, and use a site like dropbox to upload the file to and link the download in the submission.
    PenguinDJ, AwesomeBuilder33 and 607 like this.
  8. I'm getting there. Provided nothing bad happens, I might just finish in time. Here's a teaser, I don't know why:

9. Only saw the contest thread today... Better get started.
  10. I'm excited for this!
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  11. Hmm..
    607 likes this.
  12. Done! I hope I didnt make astupid mistake while sending and uploading it (like uploading wrong version :3), but anyways, lets hope for the best :).
    My teaser:

:p
    Patr1cV, 607 and ILTG like this.
  13. I.. I think I'm done. I'll have to sleep on it, but I think I've actually gotten it to a point where I can submit. It's been... an experience, making this thing. I'll be happy to get back to my normal EMC routine afterwards, though. Here's a more interesting teaser:

cdjs1987, 607, Pab10S and 1 other person like this.
  14. Looks great, Uber!

Despite the fact that I came up with a pretty darn awesome storyline and went so far as to build the village and forest in which it was to take place, I couldn't help but remember all the work involved in redstoning and building the haunted house and ended up lazying out. :p Good luck to all who actually enter! :D
    607 and Uber_Corq like this.
  15. My team and I are also getting ready to submit, just making the finishing touches :)
    We may lack in a very detailed storyline, but our redstone work is FANTASTIC.
    607 likes this.
  16. So krysyy, would you say you received more, or fewer, submissions than for February's contest?
  17. how do i see the maps?
  18. The contest is still in the judging period. The maps will be released along with the winners in the April newsletter.
  19. so...
    In the newsletter 20 april was announced, did I miss where it is posted, or arent there winners yet?
    Patr1cV likes this.