Making my own game..Need ideas from the EMC community :D

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by synth_apparition, Oct 14, 2012.

1. will it be on steam greenlight
  2. I highly doubt it.
  3. he still can though
  4. It sadly costs $100 to submit a game to Steam Greenlight, so sadly I don't see it happening. :( (although the $100 does go to charity)
    Correction: $100 to activate Greenlight submissions on your account, meaning you can submit unlimited games for the activation fee.
    pietdagamer and SoulPunisher like this.
  5. realy but what if you dont make it on steam do you get your money back or they keep it
  6. Make the name ''Cheesepunk''. Nah I am kidding xD.

Seriously, make the name ''Final City'' or something like that ._.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and JackBiggin like this.
  7. I'm pretty sure the fee is to allow you to list games, so even if your game is rejected, they "keep" the $100.
    pietdagamer likes this.
  8. What's Steam Greenlight?
  9. for programers if you have steam you should know what greenlight is
  10. Basically, it's a way to let smaller developers get their games published on Steam. They submit them to Greenlight, then anyone who has a Steam account can vote whether or not they think the game should be published. After a certain amount of votes, with a certain percentage of ones wanting the game to be published, it's added to Steam (or something like that). :)
  11. whats your steam account name
  12. I'm not going to actually say it, but here's two hints:
    1. It's exceptionally obvious
    2. I'm in the EMC group
    My profile/PMs are always open if you want to talk about Steam more, they're both a better place than this thread. :)
    pietdagamer likes this.
  13. Would you still have ownership over your game?
  14. Superpower! Oh wait... thats been done :p
  15. Don't quote me on this, but I'm 99.99999% sure that the answer to that is yes.
    pietdagamer likes this.
  16. So you would get any money you make?
  17. As far as I know yes, but you do have to pay the $100 first before you can submit games to Greenlight.
    pietdagamer likes this.
  18. There is an EMC group?!?!? I am pretty lost on steam right now....
  19. SoulPunisher likes this.
  20. No, because I can't afford to put my game on greenlight.
    It is £70, and money like that is hard for me to even earn from pocket money.
    pietdagamer likes this.