Major Website Outage

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Feb 28, 2014.

1. You're the best, Aikar. Your hard work and sacrifice is greatly appreciated. You may have to treat yourself to Starbucks this morning or hit the Mountain Dew.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  2. Yay! Thanks so much Aikar! You definitely deserve some rest! :D
  3. Euge! I'm incredibly happy that you were able to resolve this (and even more thrilled that you managed to put up the voting links). Fantastic work, as always! :)
  4. Yesterday was such a slow day for me without the forums... hopefully I can make up the time this weekend. :p
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  5. i think it was ICC. he was trying to erase this
    ICAMEINLIKEANICECREAMCOW.jpg
  6. Thank you for your hard work Aikar! You are Da Man! :cool:
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  7. OMG, where is my DC of diamond block?!?!? I was just here I swear!! ;)
  8. See? It's this sort of thing that makes the EMC staff so great. :)
    dresden72 likes this.
  9. Ewww, soda is bad! So is most starbuck drinks though, I don't eat sugar =P

I am drinking starbucks brand work coffee at least.

Cafe Verona + House Medium blend
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  10. Ewww, coffee is worse! :p

Drink cold tea. Not iced tea. Tea that's been left to sit for 30 minutes or so. #SoMuchBetterThanCoffee
  11. Good one! I am always going to associate teh cow with this picture! :3
  12. Thank you Aikar for sacrificing your time and your determination to get the Empire's Site back up. I know everyones
    glad it's back, and very appreciative that you spent hours working hard!! ;)
    ...Oh and I didn't miss my vote bonus:p
    dresden72 likes this.
  13. I like tea and coffee...but coffee actually has a TON of health benefits. You won't get them from any starbucks drinks though, because they do coffee wrong. They went on record a few years back admitting they burn their coffee beans on purpose to get their 'unique starbucks flavor'...which also kills off the benefits.
  14. Tea has health benefits too :p I don't drink Starbucks tea or coffee, just because I have both coffee and tea in my house.

British person necessities, everyone...
    gamerlord48 likes this.
  15. Oh yeah tea totally does. Like I said, I enjoy both coffee and tea. A lot of people don't know about benefits in coffee though, so just wanted to throw that out there.

I didn't know if your "coffee is worse" statement was referring to being less healthy than soda or not, lol, so just wanted to give that bit of information.
  16. don't be hating on my coffee.

I can semi drink unsweet tea now, but I drink 99% water only now. Coffee is to fill some stronger caffeine needs, tea doesn't have enough.
  17. Over the last 4 years, i've been drinking 3 cups of tea a day. As you can imagine, caffeine doesn't work on me any longer :p
    I was referring to the taste :p
  18. Sweet tea is the bane of my tongue. I can't drink tea unless its unsweetened, you ruin the flavor with all that sugar and milk
    607, IcecreamCow and Palmsugar like this.
  19. Unless it's Chai. :D

Anyways, thanks a lot for all your efforts to restore the forums intact, Aikar. :)
  20. I'm from the south, never heard of milk in tea, unless you meant milk in coffee =P
    Nickblockmaster likes this.