Magic The Gathering!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by anonymouz710, Aug 20, 2014.

1. They just released a pretty op ajani a few months back it's like -8 you gain 100 life
    anonymouz710 likes this.
  2. I know! My friend has one but refuses to sell it to me :p I'm happy with my Chandra in my Gruul deck :) -6 and you deal 6 damage to each of up to six target creatures/players ^_^
  3. My personal favorite planes walker is nicol bolas I would post a pic but apparently it is too large to be posted so I will just write text
    Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker

Planeswalker — Bolas
    M13
    +3: Destroy target noncreature permanent.
    -2: Gain control of target creature.
    -9: Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker deals 7 damage to target player. That player discards seven cards, then sacrifices seven permanents.

D. Alexander Gregory
    anonymouz710 likes this.
  4. Yeah I've been on the wrong side of a Bolas deck before >.< They're pretty OP :)
  5. They are expensive and hard to build though
  6. OMG Anon!!! Yes! Now you can love me even more. xD My husband and I mostly play Commander. He has like 8 decks and I have my one that I refuse to let go of. It's an angels, demons and dragons deck with Kaalia the vast as my commander. I like the game, but if you talk to him he'll go on and on and on about it and even let you know things you probably never knew. LOL
  7. Hey, me too. Have on and off since like 90something. I almost exclusively play edh now. I've got an angels and demons deck in the works, too. I mostly play my blue/white artifacts though.
    Anybody got the xbox version?
  8. Ermahgerd :O *Loves more* Yeah I've been playing for over a year (mainly with my friend's various decks - until they got together and built me my Gruul deck for my birthday) and I recently got the M15 premade Green White deck (Although I switched out a fair few for my own cards that I've acquired) :) Heard of/seen commander games but never experienced one ^_^

Never played on technology, I only use cards >.<
    MadXavGray likes this.
  9. I don't play Magic, but my friend just bought a new deck of Magic The Gathering cards just last week, and tried to get me to play it with him.
    607 likes this.
  10. The best to get into it is buy a start deck which is about $10 and (optional) a deck builder tool box which is $20...
    anonymouz710 likes this.
  11. Jeez that's cheap O_O My M15 starter deck cost me approx £12!
  12. When I got back into it after a few years, I got my stock off eBay. People will sell like 10,000 uncommons/commons for $20. It's a good way to start up.
    607 likes this.
  13. I really must do that! I tend to inherit cards from friends/buy the occasional booster pack :)
  14. I try to buy fat packs of the MAJOR sets and deck builder tool kits for each core set
    MadXavGray likes this.
  15. Don't buy fat packs since it only gives a small amount of cards and it's better to get a bundle of the sets...
  16. Fat packs is $40 for 9 boosters (1 less than just spending $40 on boosters) plus 100 lands plus 2 ehhhhhh deck boxes plus a d20 dice from that set and a storage box AND (I'd how many ands I am using) a book for that set and a poster (yes a poster) so ita well worth my money lol
  17. Yout can buy a pallet of 100k cards for $3000 from wizards lol
    fishmeal likes this.
  18. I have 13 decks that I can find: (these aren't in order by how good or bad they are)[the square brackets are the planeswalkers in the deck]
    1. Red green hydra dragon deck [Nissa, Worldwaker]
    2. Artifact deck
    3. White green token deck
    4. Blue counter deck [Jace, Architect of Thought]
    5. Blue black mill deck (mill is the term i know for it, its where you cause your opponent's deck to run out of cards) [Jace, Mind Adept]
    6. Black and red kill deck (designed to just kill anything you put on the battlefield, as well as you)
    7. Black and white enchantment deck
    8. Red one mana goblin deck (made with only cards costing 1 red mana)
    9. White angel lifegain deck [Ajani Steadfast]
    10. Black and green zombie gorgon deck [Vraska the Unseen]
    11. Black deck (just my better black cards that aren't zombie or gorgon oriented) [Liliana of the Dark Realms]
    12. Blue and white spirit flying deck (mostly drakes and spirits)
    13. Blue and green +1/+1 counter deck

If you want to know the contents of a deck please ask, I'm very proud of my decks. If you mind me bragging please tell me and I'll remove this.
  19. Jeez that's impressive, you should brag! x3 I'd love to get some more decks/make a commander deck but that requires time which I'm fairly short of and money which I'm saving :p
  20. *cough* u need a werewolf deck *cough*
    anonymouz710 likes this.