Mad Libs!

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by 8comimi, Apr 17, 2016.

1. What's a Mad Lib?
    Well I'm glad you asked. You might not know their official title, but you've most likely seen them before. They are partially written stories in which you get to input the main details!

For example:
    This is my friend's pet ___ named ___. It can ___ and ___, but only when given ___.

This is my friend's pet vacuum named Stephen. It can cook pancakes and do the worm, but only when given taco shells.

You may have realized that this Mad Lib isn't restricted by specific nouns, adjectives, verbs, or any other parts of speech. You would be correct. Instead of having you randomly select an adjective and insert it into the passage later on, you can come up with a word or words that you think most fit for the blank space. It can be as serious, funny, or nonsensical as you wish! Just make sure it stays appropriate please! :D

If I could be anything, I would be a(n) _____, but I wouldn’t just be any _____; I would have the ability to _____. This would enable me to help _____ with _____. To achieve this goal of mine, I will work my hardest to _____, bringing justice to the _____ community. No matter if I have to _____ and _____ to get there, my goal of _____ will eventually be accomplished, even if met with the force of _____! Before embarking on this personal adventure of mine, I would like to thank _____ for all of the _____ they have given me. If it wasn’t for _____, I would have never been able to become the _____ that I am today. As _____ had once said, “_____.” These words of wisdom are apart of what inspires me to do what I’m about to do today; to _____. Thank you.

Please post below how your stories turn out, and if you wish, you may also post any of your own Mad Lib templates for others to fill in!
    607, ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  2. If I could be anything, I would be a(n) 8comimi, but I wouldn’t just be any 8comimi; I would have the ability to summon Dufne's brother from cross the country. This would enable me to help her with tolerating annoyance. To achieve this goal of mine, I will work my hardest to become a psychic, bringing justice to the nubby community. No matter if I have to b ded and b ded again to get there, my goal of Deniz-summoning will eventually be accomplished, even if met with the force of nubbiness! Before embarking on this personal adventure of mine, I would like to thank Rick Astley for all of the trolls they have given me. If it wasn’t for myself, I would have never been able to become the living person that I am today. As President Lincoln had once said, “Ow.” These words of wisdom are apart of what inspires me to do what I’m about to do today; to try and fill this blank with the longest phrase that I can think of, maybe even hit the ten thousand character limit. However, people would be highly irritated, and I could use this time to do my homework instead. At least I don't have English homework, that would be nasty. Does anyone even like english class? I certainly don't. Ceramics is much better. I recently made a flower platter inspired by Georgia O'Keffee, but the glaze color was weird and it didn't turn out well. I also made a beautiful pear, but once again, the most beautiful pistachio color became an ugly dark green. Anyway, glazing is always an adventure. Thank you.
  3. I think I'll do one in the way that my old Mad Lib books had set up. For this one, try to fill in your answers before actually reading the passage. It makes it ten times funnier (and that's the point of a Mad Lib). In mine, I'll tell you what kind of word to fill in. Here's the key:

n: Noun - A person, place or thing
    adj: Adjective - a word that describes a noun (e.g. Pretty, colorful, cool)
    v: Verb - an action word (e.g. run, dance, play)
    adv: Adverb - a word that describes a verb (e.g. brilliantly, beautifully, charmingly)
    pron: Pronoun - a specific person, place or thing (e.g. Donald Trump, Mount Rushmore, New York City)
    (Note: I made this key before I wrote my story. Not all of these may be in the actual story. If you want to make another Mad Lib template using my code, go ahead and quote me. I you want anything added, let me know.)

Let's try this:

When I was (number)______ years old, I would (v)_______ around the town I lived in. One day while I was out, I saw a (n)_______ fly (adv)________ by, which made me (v)________ like crazy. I (v)________ all the way home and told my (n)________. I explained (adv)________ what had happened. It was so (adj)________! I went to bed that night thinking about (n)________. I don't even know why. That was probably the (v ending with -est)________ day I've ever had!

I know it's not long. I just wanted to see if anyone else would like this way and continue with it.
    607, We3_Nub and 8comimi like this.
  4. I'll give it a go! :)

When I was 7 years old, I would swim around the town I lived in. One day while I was out, I saw a Kangaroo fly courageously by, which made me rejoice like crazy. I sang all the way home and told my parakeet. I explained glumly what had happened. It was so exasperating! I went to bed that night thinking about fruitcake. I don't even know why. That was probably the smelliest day I've ever had!
    (This should be an adverb ^ )

Thanks for the mad lib! Now people who wish to post have two mad libs to chose from, or you all can continue to post your own for others to try out! :D
    607, We3_Nub and ScorpiEmmi like this.
  5. When I was 2 years old, I would Bike around the town I lived in. One day while I was out, I saw a Nudibranch fly Radically by, which made me Consume like crazy. I Swam all the way home and told my Desert Tortoise. I explained Angrily what had happened. It was so Normal! I went to bed that night thinking about Goblets. I don't even know why. That was probably the Greatest day I've ever had!
    We3_Nub, 8comimi and ScorpiEmmi like this.
  6. When I was 1923 years old, I would crawl around the town I lived in. One day while I was out, I saw a potato fly elegantly by, which made me dance like crazy. I danced all the way home and told my pet potato. I explained excitedly what had happened. It was so excited! I went to bed that night thinking about potatoes. I don't even know why. That was probably the potato-est day I've ever had!
    8comimi, We3_Nub and ScorpiEmmi like this.
  7. Okay... let's first do ScorpiEmmi's one. I tried my best to not read the story yet, but it only worked half.
    It's hard to only read the words in pink, perhaps write out what you need to fill in first next time?
    Anyway:
    When I was 12 years old, I would walk around the town I lived in. One day while I was out, I saw a pencil fly by gracefully, which made me stagger like crazy. I wrote all the way home and told my car. I explained quickly what had happened. I was so beautiful! I went to bed that night thinking about classrooms. I don't even know why. That was probably the longest day I've ever had!

Haha, that came out quite frankly! Uh... funny!

And now I'll fill in 8comimi's: for this one I will look at the text. I'll fill the words in as I read, though, so I can't think ahead. After that I'll know which I prefer for when I'll make one myself!
    If I could be anything, I would be a girl, but I wouldn’t just be any girl; I would have the ability to game. This would enable me to help people with gaming. To achieve this goal of mine, I will work my hardest to change gender, bringing justice to the transgender community. No matter if I have to get new clothes and undergo plastic surgery to get there, my goal of being a girl will eventually be accomplished, even if met with the force of men! Before embarking on this personal adventure of mine, I would like to thank EMC for all of the inspiration they have given me. If it wasn’t for Dufne, I would have never been able to become the person that I am today. As FlareonInAction had once said, “Rainbow Car.” These words of wisdom are apart of what inspires me to do what I’m about to do today; to become a girl. Thank you.
    I hope this doesn't offend anyone, that escalated way quickly! :eek: I actually changed something afterwards, because I felt it could be EMC inappropriate.
    If you play the game this way, you'll get into trouble sooner or later :p

Dufne and 8comimi like this.
  8. To reply to your last comment; I was hoping no one would make them inappropriate (which you didn't, I thought it was really funny) and that's why I contemplated making a mad lib post like this for a little while, but I know people are usually mature enough to not create anything that wasn't appropriate.

Anyways, thanks for the post! They were great! :D
    607 likes this.
  9. When I was -76.5 years old, I would dunk around the town I lived in. One day while I was out, I saw a blacksmith fly sticky by, which made me murder like crazy. I frolic all the way home and told my cactus. I explained gingerly what had happened. It was so skittish! I went to bed that night thinking about 23rd President of the United States Benjamin Harrison. I don't even know why. That was probably the ludacrisest day I've ever had!
    607 and 8comimi like this.
  10. Ah, I've been procrastinating on making a template for this myself, while I know it'd be fun :p