Luck tables and discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ChumMiner, Dec 19, 2018.

?

What luck items do you have experience with?

Lucky Rabbit's Foot - promo 3 vote(s) 60.0%
Lucky Rabbit's Foot - mob drop 5 vote(s) 100.0%
Witch's Gem - any level 4 vote(s) 80.0%
Padded Armor 2 vote(s) 40.0%
Vindication 1 vote(s) 20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey all, I'm just gonna get this conversation started and I'll edit the OP if it needs clarification.

I'm curious to know what everyone's experience is with luck so far. Let's break it down into the 5 main items for luck right now and how they can be used. I'd love to know your personal experience as well as maybe get some hints from staff or dev team about how far off the mark we all are.

Items:

Witch's Gem levels 1-3 worn on head and/or held in the offhand

Lucky Rabbit's Foot - promo item

Lucky Rabbit's Foot - mob drop used like a potion

Padded Fur

Vindication - weapon with luck

My main concern right now is the Gem. I've used it on different difficulty levels and I've noticed some things. 1st how it comes up as a buff. On difficulty 7 you get a 4 second burst of luck buff appearing in every 16 second cycle. On difficulty 10 this comes down to about 1 second.

My question to anyone who might understand this stuff is does that matter? The description of the item makes it sound like it is not a buff, but something like Looting on a sword and if you are using it it will factor into how the drops work. So how does this appearance of luck as a buff compare to using the mob drop Rabbit's foot? When you use that item, the buff stays on steady for 5 minutes.

Another question that I have is about the promo item Rabbit's foot. Does it actually do anything? When and where are you actually supposed to use it. I've gotten a lot of different answers. It seems like the Wiki says one thing and the survival update hints at something else. Mostly I've heard that it does nothing for combat. I assume that is true, but it's possible that it effects Vanilla drops. I know that the luck system is only for Custom mobs, but since there are some really good vanilla items on some of them this is important to me.

That leads me to my last question. What would be the ideal set up for maximizing Vanilla drops using the new luck system?

Let's have some coffee and discuss...

Thanks all,

Chum
  2. I missed an item...Vindication. Can staff add that item to the poll? or should I kill this thread and start a new one?
  3. Maybe send a report to the staff and maybe they can help with the issue from there
  4. Added Vindication for you! :)
    MoreMoople and ChumMiner like this.
  5. Thank you!
    JohnKid likes this.