Looking to the Future: 2021 Onwards!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by fadedmartian, Oct 22, 2020.

1. hello community,

i know 2020 has been quite the crap shoot so far and i feel as though we can always use a dose of positivity, but especially now... leading up to the US elections for one, and globally with the social, financial, mental, and physical impacts of COVID-19 (gross, i said the c word)

anyways, looking to 2021, i am optimistic for a change of pace from 2020. 2021 is going to be better than 2020, i can feel it!

i am looking forward to my job promotion this upcoming summer (based on seniority in the industry) and getting a car again shortly!

now its all you earthlings’ turn! what are you looking forward to in late 2020 into 2021?

cant wait to hear your exciting future things!

- faded
  2. Can't wait for that Microsoft linked Minecraft / Mojang accounts :rolleyes: (HEAVY DOSE OF SARCASM)

In all honesty though I'm not looking forward to anything in specific but as usual new years will come around and I can't wait to start a new chapter in life that is... 2021

Most likely though nothing will change too much for me but maybe once COVID is over with I can finally try and get / hold a job and not have to worry about getting the family sick :oops:
  3. The British Government expects our situation to be the same as it has been this year until 2023 at least.

So... that’s my youth gone. I’ll be the age my mum was when I was born and the age my dad was when he married her by the time this is over, so... maybe I’ll have that to look forward to? 🤷‍♂️
    607 likes this.
  4. I'm a flower/vegetable grower so I always say next year will be a better year. It's the way it is. You can't let the current events beat you down into the ground.

I do miss going out with my wife to a Saturday morning breakfast or even getting a pizza for dinner so I have that to look forward to in 2021.

I am really looking forward to EMC's next update. I've been collecting Heart of the Seas and I pretty much have the sunken ships positions memorized so a Wasteland reset will give me new exploration adventures and put me in a really good mood.
    607 likes this.
  5. As 2020 comes to a close, I can't help but look back on all the revelations I made during this tough year. The new relationships I made, my mental health state, and my academics are all things that have changed this year. For the most part, they've been positive, with the exception of my mental health, which is a story for another day. Despite all the positives I've gained during this year, I can't help but desire for more in the upcoming year.

As I approach the upcoming year, I hope that, for the first time in forever, I can be able to help more people than I was able to this year. Helping people has always been what's important to me the most. And, I don't go out looking for someone to help, but if someone in need of assistance happens to cross my path, I'll do everything in my power to help. Anything to give people a reason to smile!

I also hope to continue getting good grades in school, and continue to study hard so I can graduate with the highest honors. I've always dreamed of graduating with all those high achievements you hear of, and as I'm quickly approaching my senior year, I have to take my chance and seize my moment to become the person I want to be. My dream is to work in the medical field, I don't know what yet, but I hope for something that's high paying and allows me to be there for my patients. If I want to go to a good college to study and even have a chance of becoming a medical professional, I need to have good grades, so that's what I'm striving for in the upcoming year.

Finally, I hope to grow the relationships I've had for so long. A majority of my friends I made when I was in 4-7th grade, but I want to hang out with them some more and let them know how much they all mean to me. Having a stronger connection will hopefully allow us to keep in touch, even when we all inevitably move away to reach our own endeavors.

All of these and more are high hopes that I have as 2021 comes nearer and nearer. And there is SO MUCH more that I can say, but I dont want this post to drag for too long, but I can't wait to see where the next year takes me as I continue to go higher and higher to become the person I want to be.
    607 likes this.
  6. Hm... I'm looking forward to next Piwi Day, I guess. :D
    I'm also looking forward to taking music theory classes at university. However, I was hoping to not take them until all classes were physical again. At this point it seems unlikely that that's going to work out. :(
    FadedMartian likes this.