Looking for someone with OS X/macOS

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 607, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Hi, it's me again!

If you know me and are using OS X, which is apparently called macOS nowadays, please reply. :)
    I need some testing done for a secret project, and me nor any of my other testers have access to OS X, I think.
    Of course, that's good, as I prefer Windows, but I need something tested on Mac. ;)
  2. i have a mac what u need done?
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  3. Thanks, I'll pm you soon. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I also have a Mac, just let me know.
    607 likes this.
  5. I post my comment and as soon as I go to the EMC homepage, I see you liked my post not even 2 seconds after I posted it. Your habit it starting to reach new creepy stalker-ish levels, just saying :eek:
  6. Some people call it an obsession. I just call it a hobby ;)
    Tuqueque, nltimv and 607 like this.
  7. I have a mac as well! It's an Air if you need any more help ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. I use a mac as well, I would like to help with your test.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I never figured so many people use macs!
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. MACmasterrace
    PetezzaDawg and mba2012 like this.
  11. Well, then...
    I've always disliked Apple, but this absurdity I wasn't expecting.
    In order to make a program to be run on a mac, I need, among other things, a mac and a Developer's Certificate. Come on!
    I was expecting to be able to make a build and share it, but no, of course not, it's Apple...

Sorry, now I won't be able to share it with you, and I'll have to find a solution for this problem. :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Not sure I understand. You wanted Mac? Or a developer? Please clarify?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I'm developing a game on Windows. However, I need/want it to be playable on Mac. So I thought I would be able to simply create an application for Mac, have someone test it to confirm it works, and be a happy camper.
    However, I hadn't ever developed for Mac before, and didn't know it would be such a hassle.
    I need a mac, which I don't have, and a developer's certificate, which could very well be a pain to get from Apple.
    And I don't even want to publish anything, I just want a game to be playable by a friend!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Alright, well, the people that said they have macs in the comments will try their best to help you c:
    607 likes this.
  15. Yes, but to use their mac I would have to have their host name, username and password, and that's a big 'nope', obviously. So yeah, I'd need to have access to a mac myself, and even then, acquiring the Developer Certificate from Apple could very well be a big hassle.
    So I think I'm going to try to figure out if the recipient might have a Windows pc in their home as well. :)
  16. Maybe your friend could use something like VirtualBox to run Windows inside of OS X?
    607 likes this.
  17. Why not just find the os iso online, install it as a virtual system or install it on a pc that is not used. That's what I did.
    607 likes this.
  18. That's illegal though, isn't it?
  19. No, you automatically get a 30 day free trial when installing Windows in whatever way. If you really wanted, you could reinstall the entire OS every 30 days, and use Windows legally, without having paid for it. It's just that that's a big hassle, so not many people do that.
    607 likes this.
  20. I thought MCSaw meant getting mac on a virtual machine of my own.
    Installing Windows on a virtual pc for her would probably be quite troublesome as well, especially considering that I've never worked with Macs before.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.