[Looking] For Map Art Letter Schematics

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Eviltoade, Nov 15, 2016.

1. What I am looking for: Map Art Letter(s) Templates or Schematics (numbers would be great as well)

If no one has something like this, then perhaps someone with some experience making map art letters could reply with the best way to make a map art alphabet?

Thanks so much in advance!
    -ET
    Kytula likes this.
  2. The second one might work, the other two are for lettering, but not for maps, too small :) Thanks Kloned!
    ThaKloned likes this.
  3. When I have worked with letters I did something like this. Initially I printed the message on graph paper then refined it by transcribing it by hand onto another piece of graph paper. I built it in SP then changed it a little bit more before using it on EMC. I was thinking if I did it again, I could convert the message to a graphic before I print the message so I could resize it. It would also allow me to use transparency which would have helped.

Can you tell us more, like what font you want to use, the height of the letters and so forth? I'll volunteer to work on it if you want the help.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  4. This is sort of what I was thinking: a 128x128 pixel picture in Times New Roman - I did this one on Paint. Not sure of the exact dimensions of the letter though.

5. Googling around a bit, here are a few you could resize pretty easily:
    Font 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  6. The whole thing is 128x128, the letters are 128 high, or the build they are included in is 128 blocks high?
  7. I have a Photo Shop file of all the Numbers and Letters for Map Arts, Send me a PM if you want it and I will see where it is, Its designed for 128x128 map arts ingame...
    Pab10S likes this.
  8. The whole pic is 128x128 - so some border of black. Lemme see what Finch has and get back to you Pab :)
  9. That's kind of funny. I remembered that Finch was doing something with lettering awhile back and was just looking for his thread just now.
  10. lol nice. Well regardless of what happens, thanks for offering to help, it means a lot.
  11. Awesome! Still working out the details, and unfortunately a map is 128x128 so it needs to be done in the wild, unless you are a crazy person like mystul and puts 4res' together and has SS edit the roads with your missing map pieces lol
    Kytula likes this.
  12. but if you did it that way, would you not be able to have that map in that area?
  13. I'm currently working on the letters that finchy supplied. I'll keep everyone updated. :)
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.