Looking for ideas for a res project on hold!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by finch_rocks_1, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Hey EMC

I am on cell so will be short...

I hold a res on smp6 at spawn. I am having issues finding s design I want... the res will be a full res as a TP Plaza. It will be free for players. It will hold areas such as malls, shops, builds, game reses, nature reses, etc.

The issue I am having with is thinking of a design I want above ground. Since the the teleporters are underground, I need a design above..

I had some ideas I mind but not sure;

Mystical gardens abandoned overgrown theme
    Sections broken up and designed into the theme of the portals...

Feel free to suggest your ideas and I can see what I can do.

~Finch
    ellisbrewer likes this.
  2. What about a forest full of huge trees and each tree is a portal?
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  3. The issue is tree's can only be so big seeing as its a 60x60 res.
  4. Seeing this, I'd go for something totaly else actually, I'd go for a modern gardening style:

With than some kind of a modern teleport secion in the middle, this one is, as you can see, placed under a mall, so I'd in this case not make a ceeling on top of it. But what I think is really importand for teleport hubs is that you can easyly find each teleport and if you look for one you can always find it in a few seconds.

Also, I'm really curious to see what you do with a modern style, I know you're one of the best builders on emc, but one of the only good builders I know that have, as far as I know, never done modern in public...
    (It's always fun to look through your own builds to find examples of what you mean... :p )
    607 and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  5. The only issue is I am not too well at modern builds.
    Jelle68 likes this.
  6. What about a mythological style? Like a temple of the gods?
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  7. any examples of the style? Not MC ones more real life/drawings?
  8. To google:

These are mostly Greek design tho.
  9. Only issue is the res is only 1 res, so I am limited with the space. With these, its hard to corperate much in and look proper, if you know what i mean, The design I am more looking for is where its Attention to detail. These its easier if its multi reses.
  10. Hmmm, maybe just a pillar one with player statues as the pillars?
  11. Teleporters make me think of old original Mario Bros. Pipes, bouncy things, jumps, statues of the bad guys as critters. It doesn't fit your usual aesthetic Finch, but it could be a lotta fun to run around on and explore the various TPs.
    607, finch_rocks_1 and fluffinator09 like this.
  12. Anyone else have any idea's or thoughts for build idea's?

Keep in mind its a Corner res, and only 60x60... so design has to fit...
  13. What about a hospital? I've always wanted to build one of those
  14. the thing though, is how would that show its a TP plaza?
  15. True. What about a helicopter dealership? That would be cool.

Finch's helicopter tours
  16. The issue with that is the Res Size, its very hard to squeeze it into one res. I love large builds, as i can put more detail, but when its one res, Its very hard.

I am also more leaning against some Nature/Design detailed build. I want something that looks good and dont have to change, and allows for very good detail.

I am making the TP's underground, so its more just the design above ground. Once i have that, I can use like blocks for underground.

I also want to be able to divided into multi sections some way.
  17. If only it was a Bigger res, then I would make a exact replica of this... But i already have the other 6 reses at spawn for a build, so stuck with a 1 res build. hehe
    fluffinator09 likes this.
  18. Think I am going for more a Nature/Abandoned Garden/Overgrown/mystic deisgn.

If anyone has any pictures for ideas that fits that feel free to suggest. I am also looking for idea's for the underground designs, as I have a somewhat idea, but not 100% sure what type of design underground yet!
    fluffinator09 likes this.
  19. You can try to out-cave me if you really want to :p and, for underground, again, I'd try something modern, really, it isn't that dificult to do after all :p
    Also, mystic would be great, I guess :p It seems to be your normal style... Just like fantasy style for me...
    Another thing, I know it is possible to make a single res corner castle if you really want to, only, it seems to be kind of pointless with a teleportation hub...
    607 likes this.