Long overdue, returning player

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PetezzaDawg, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Let me start by saying if you don't know me, that's not a huge surprise as I'm one of those people that keeps a tight circle and I'm not hugely sociable. I want to change that and meet more people, make more friends, and just in general interact better with this community.

I've been on EMC for over 3 years, 3 and a half in October.
    During the Christmas/January period of this year, I decided I should leave this community because real life was more important. While it is true that real life is more important, the real reason I left was because I was burned out, which I could have and have recovered from, but also social pressure from my peers to give up things they deemed 'childish'. I want to say to everyone here that feels like minecraft or anything they do is wrong just because other people think you shouldn't do it because you're part of some section of society. If your interests don't hurt yourself or others, chase after them. Real life is important, yes. But don't let anyone tell you what you should do based on how old you are or where you come from or what your social status is. I did, and I missed out on 6 months of this amazing community and the close friends I'd made here, not to mention losing alot of the items I'd put 100s of hours into.

TL;DR

Don't let other peoples perceptions of how you should act shape who you are.

I know this isn't much of an introduction thread, trust me I'm about to get there. I just wanted to give insight into why I left EMC, why I'm coming back, and to help other people realise that whatever quality they have that other people bash them over is amazing and they should value it.

Now, I'll introduce myself.

My name is Peter, I prefer to be called Pete by my friends. I hate Hawaiian pizza and have a whole other account with that namesake. I like rap and edm, and I'm kind of into baking. I'm 15, nearly 16, and love dogs, hate cats.

That's pretty much me. I love this community even if I never showed it as much as I could have and I'm thankful to be a long time member.

And to all my friends, even though I've already said this, I'm so sorry for just leaving and not telling you anything. I know I've already said it, but I feel the need to say it again. And to any friends I haven't said this to, this is for you especially.

I'm looking forward to the future here.
    Thank you for reading this far.
    EvilBlo, Jadziaa, ChloePr1ce and 9 others like this.
  2. Im so happy.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  3. Welcome back man!
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  4. Welcome back! I hope I get to see you around
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  5. Welcome back! I have seen you around before and I hope we become friends!
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  6. Have we met before? You seem familiar :)
    MoreMoople and PetezzaDawg like this.
  7. Welcome back to the Empire! If you need any help I personally will try to help you out in any way I can! It's always good to see a player return from a break! :D
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  8. Yeah this one time you made a really awful joke :rolleyes:
    607, rykly18 and MoreMoople like this.
  9. Welcome back! I was wondering if you would return ;)
    Saw you in-game this morning, and I hope to see you around more!
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  10. Welcome Back! I don't think we have met but I'm TasteOfTerror aka ToT. I play on SMP7 and I'm on around 9pm EST. Look forward to seeing you around!
    PetezzaDawg and MoreMoople like this.
  11. Welcome back Pete! Hope we run into each more often now ^-^/
    MoreMoople and PetezzaDawg like this.
  12. As happens more often to me, I didn't realise you were gone. :p I remember it took me a very long time to realise 'Petezza' can be pronounced like 'Pizza'.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  13. Some people think it means Pete's a dog. It's just a combination of a nickname I have and my real name.
    607 likes this.
  14. We weren't quite getting along lately, but I'm happy to see you return and to see you are doing alright! Welcome back :)
    Zbid, ChespinLover77, 607 and 2 others like this.
  15. Welcome back
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  16. Hey there :) I remember you!

Welcome back broski
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  17. G'day mate, wb.

Also, change your oppinion on cats: They clearly are the best creature on earth, and deserve to be treated as gods. Cats know that :p
    Zbid and rykly18 like this.
  18. I'm late cause of school, but hey man! I recall khixan sayin you worked on Scream for Me, you should check it out sometime, it turned into an amazing build.
    Welcome back, and enjoy. I'm burning out fast and soon to take an extended hiatus, as soon as I protect my stuffs from direlect, so I know how burnin out feels.
  19. Glad to see you around Pete. I see you're not crazy mining any more :D
  20. Welcome back Petezza!!! :DD