[Live Stream] Empires in Development!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Apr 22, 2017.

1. I too agree it is not really that much of a priority, but had a thought I wanted toss out there. I suppose it could be turned into a suggestion at some point if necessary, and if it seemed plausible.

I recently looked into how many slabs I have laid in SMP2 ( Over 200K ) on the statistics chart via the main minecraft menu, and thought about it in relation to this. If minecraft is already logging each individual placement of blocks and is simply tallying them up, would it be possible to extrapolate this data through a filter of said "Empire" and the range in which it covers to also trigger bonuses for a certain amount of "Times Used". There could even be unique bonuses for certain combinations achieved. There are all sorts of options available in the statistics area if one could figure out how to manipulate it for Empire goals, perks, bonuses, or rewards, and this could be beneficial to us Empire Builders :)

Just a thought...

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    finch_rocks_1 and 607 like this.
  2. That stuff is tracked client side, but similar logic, yes, could be used.
    The tricky part is finding an algorithm on at what rate to reward, at what speed of placement etc, of design oriented blocks.
    607 likes this.
  3. Reward building? You could do it by having a list of specific blocks (mainly player-crafted ones and blocks which are uncommon/rare), and then you get rewarded when you place a certain amount of those blocks every X amount of time or something.

Could also simply make it record all player-placed blocks and then remove any rewards/reward progress if players break those blocks (to prevent farming the rewards, of course), but that would likely be undesirable to code.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. This may sound Odd, but will there be the option to set TP's from the main spawn to other locations on the outpost? Say you want to TP from spawn to City, or City to Residential?
  5. To my understanding, the TP will be to HQ outpost(Main claim, 3x3 chunk area(may change over time)). To tp to other outpost, you will have to pay for another HQ outpost(which will cost more than the first one(to my understanding). (Each HQ can be expanded)

Don't quote me on any of these, and Outpost Uptdate aren't coming anytime soon, at least 6 month I would say, because it would be Empires --> 1.12 --> Quality of life maybe(1.12 bugs) --> Outpost claiming

This ain't anything official, but the data that ive gotten from Aikar's streams.
  6. I dont mean to another outpost... Its the same, but far apart... Like say you have the residential at -1400 and the city at -200 for example... That type of TP... Like in your res with res locations but on a large scale...
    607 likes this.
  7. I'm a little confused.

Is Empires going to include the ability to teleport to your outpost or will teleporting come in Outposts update?
  8. You wouldnt be able tp to your outpost cause it will not exist until outpost update
    607 likes this.
  9. Sorry for the ignorance, but what is Forging Empires?
  10. Forging means making
    and Empires is an update that will come soon. It is a "guild" sytem which will help with AntiGriefs, Outpost(in future), etc
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  11. Glad to see the update is so far coming along so well, certainly hope that this will encourage old and new members to rejoin the server to try out the update when it's released publically.
  12. Status update: I haven't been working on this the past 2 weeks as I've been hitting the fitness goals pretty hard, and lot of times it's late and tired so just worked on smaller things or went to bed.

We got a new surprise and actually have builds of Spigot/Paper released based on the Pre Releases for 1.12! So I've already started some of the work on getting us up to date to 1.12.

My main focus is going to be on 1.12 now as I really want to get us updated fast this time around.

Then after 1.12, we will resume back on Empires.

With how things are going this week at Mojang, I'm expecting them to release 1.12 next week.
  13. Yes, updating sidebar now. We got to do some final testing on that and planning to release them soon.
    _Devuu__, 607, We3_MPO and 2 others like this.
  14. Great progress made last 2 nights. Lot of the Banking stuff done!
    Bank is core for members to contribute tokens and rupees to their empire to pay for things, such as claiming land, expanding land, expanding the size of the Empire etc....

One final big piece to do tomorrow.... The payment method!

Going to bed now :)
  15. Banks? Payments? Whaat did I miss?!?
    jacob5089 likes this.
  16. members can donate resources (officially) to Empire(Clan group thingy).
    607 likes this.
  17. When an empire claims land, they have to pay for it....
    The banking system dictates what funds the Empire has, and handles payments.

/e bank donate EMC rupees 5000
    /e bank allocate EMC rupees 10000

This immediately gives the Empire 5000 of your rupees, and lets the Empire use another 10000 more (but doesn't leave your rupee balance until the Empire needs to use it), putting your contribution up to 15000.

Then if the Empire has 10 members, and needs to spend 100k, and everyone has contributed at least 10k, it will take 5000 from your donated amount, then the other 5000 from your rupee balance and subtract it from your allocated amount.

Donation = "go ahead and take it from me"
    Allocation = "you have my permission to use this much from me, IF I have it, up to an an allowed maximum % of my current funds"

Allocations will have a default max 25% of your funds, so say you have 400k, and allocate 100k to the Empire...
    Then you spend 300k, leaving you with only 100k left, the Empire will only be able to use 25k of your money. Preventing the Empire from bankrupting you because you forgot that you allocated 100k.

the % is configurable.