[Live Stream] Empires in Development!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Let's keep spam posts out of the thread please. :)
    We3_MPO and AncientTower like this.
  2. I see that you're all making a big deal about this server feature.

But, I'm not excited like almost everyone else is. Other than being mythical and multi-delayed: :confused:
    • What are The Empires about?
    • Where can players utilize this future feature?
    • ( When skipped; software development time varies a lot )
    • Why are the Empires so important to many long-time EMC players?
    • How ... ?
    -

My personal focus is more on Mojang's MC 1.12 update, which has started being wrapped-up for its full release, according to Dinnerbone.
    I'll recommend expecting 1.12 on EMC to be delayed. I don't know how complicated of a system Aikar and his team just got themselves into.:rolleyes:

(The patience has not grayed-out, yet, for this builder.)
  3. 1.11.2 won't be delayed caused of empires

2nd Empires is a "permanent" group which will allow multiple permisions/features to be added. Now friend list, won't need to be your "build" list, as khixan calls it. Importance? is a step closer to land claiming. How? Supporting aikar to code faster =P
  4. 10/10 best title
    Gawadrolt and We3_MPO like this.
  5. I'll believe it when I see it.
    We3_MPO and EquableHook like this.
  6. wait what happened to dragon tombs or is this part of it?
  7. Nice! Can't wait to see the finished product Aikar! Thanks for your hard work !
    We3_MPO and Nickblockmaster like this.
  8. I am looking forward to seeing all this brings to our outposts myself. I think it will be great for my interests.
    We3_MPO and Nickblockmaster like this.

9. I'd say that's pretty good progress for 1 night of work!

Got SERIOUS progress done.
    72Volt, nltimv, CDJS and 18 others like this.
  10. Empires is not related to DT. However, once Empires is done, progress on DT will be started (probably after a few quality of life updates), so Empires progress will eventually lead to DT. :p
    We3_MPO, 607 and FadedMartian like this.
  11. Watching Aikar code when you dont understand it be like
    Qitro, Gawadrolt and Ryan_A_ like this.
  12. The community voted for Empires and Outposts to be our next major features to be developed.
    Empires is the precursor to Outposts, a huge part of EMC.

Empires will be used for far more than Frontier Outposts, they will be your "Official Group". They will even have forum profiles / mini sites eventually.

Frontier Outposts are not owned by a "user", they are owned by an Empire.

So in order to have an Empire to assign the Outpost to, we have to create Empires first.

Empires dev will be paused once 1.12 is to the point I should begin working on it.

Dragon Tombs comes after Outposts.
    CDJS, We3_MPO, Vortixin and 12 others like this.
  13. yeah id rather be able to tp out to my outpost than find rando tombs lol hurry up aikar! luv u
  14. Was the teleportation feature ever actually confirmed?
    Ryan_A_ likes this.
  15. So correct me if I am wrong, but this is my understanding...

This is kinda like Factions?
    Like you have to create the group (aka Empire) first, then you can claim (assign the Outpost) for the group?
  16. I was joking but ty lol
  17. Not sure what to think of this, but as it's just a loose sentence in a post about a broader subject, I probably shouldn't worry about it for now.
  18. Like 50 times.

Probably is very similar, but more so towards Towny.

But I don't use those plugins / check on other servers, so I don't know. I'm designing it the way I think it should be designed to provide players control and an experience that fits my vision for EMC.
  19. The only part of that I noticed
    JohnKid likes this.
  20. Please tell me that individual Empires will have to meet the Outpost restrictions. I would hate for EMC to end up like one of those terrible faction servers where every block within 15k of spawn is claimed by an abandoned faction. :I