List Idea

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Astromath1959, Aug 19, 2021.

1. I've been somewhat flummoxed that I can barely find what I want. I'm constantly typing "/mall" or "/shop" or using "/v <location #>" after referring to the dynamic server map trying to find things I want. And it's a pain.

The "/res loc list" does not do what I think it should do. I was thinking it would show all the residences on the server. It wasn't until I read the command structure that I found out that it doesn't do that.

Suggestion: add some command (I'm thinking "/owner list") that would show the following in a list sorted by server then by location #:
    Server - location # - owner (flag)- do have a mall/shop?

"/owner list" would take you to the Empire Minecraft Wiki where the it lists all the owners for the server you are on.
    "/owner list <server>" would take you to Empire Minecraft Wiki where list all the owners on a specific server.
    "/owner list all" would take you to the Empire Minecraft Wiki where list all owners on all servers (not recommended). It could be implemented something similar to the Servers Overview list with a link to each server wiki list. There could be other delimiters, but those would be the main ones.

The flag (flag) after the owner's name would be used if the location was locked (L) (there are some owners that have their locations locked to teleporting), owned by a new player (NP) (this should only appear for a short period of time until the new player is no longer considered a new player). Any location that is either not owned or "invisible" (i.e. uses the (I) flag to make it not listed) would just not be listed.
    The Mall/Shop would either be blank (no mall or shop), M (for mall), S (for shop).
    The Mall/Shop field would also show other info such as Amusement Park (AP), Recycling Center (RC), Event location (E), Hotels (H), and others.

Certain Malls/Shops are already named, such as WalMart. This would be shown as (M/WM). The TNT Run event on SMP3 would be shown as (E/TR) or (E/TNTRUN).

My thinking is that a Mall would take up more than 1/2 of a single lot (could take up to 4+ lots)
    A Shop would take up a 1/2 or less of a lot (could be 1 item [such as the item on my lot]).

The list in the wiki would need dynamic table (updated as soon as a change is made) and all the fields be able to be sorted.

That was the first half of my suggestion.

The other is to be able to click on the dynamic server map and you would automatically be taken to that location (if it isn't locked) in the game.
    607 likes this.
  2. There are several suggestions going on here. What you can use today, is the /res list command. If you do something like /res list +tag. Or /res list (username), some residence listing information will be output.
    607 likes this.
  3. /res list only lists my residence. I want to be able to see all the residences on a server. Especially which ones are malls or shops.
    607 likes this.
  4. chickeneer said to add +tag or [user name] to it.
    the first will list all residences with that tag, the second the ones with that owner

sidenote: funny, if I type [user name] without space, anything I typed after that does not show in the thread (but is there in the edit window). The same happened to chickeneer's post, it seems.
    607 likes this.
  5. Try running the command "/res list +mall". Adding the res tag at the end of the command will allow you to view a list of residences on that server with that tag, like this:

You could also try the tag +shop with that command. If you are visiting them and the tag does not fit (there is no shop on the residence, etc.), you can contact Senior Staff (pmss.emc.gs) to request that it be removed.

Your suggestions for the Wiki are interesting, however, I do not believe that it is something we are capable of doing with our current Wiki setup.

Edit: Fred is a ninja! :eek:
    607 likes this.
  6. I didn't know about /res list +tag (or maybe I knew once and forgot).

Glad this thread was created :D
    607 likes this.
  7. I didn't know that it could do that. The Command Wiki is lacking. However, in your example, it says "Page 1 of 4." How do you access the other pages?
    607, Unoski and UltiPig like this.
  8. You are asking for this forum list that has been around for a long time. And this is the 3rd run of it:

Shops, Mob Grinders, Resource Farms, Utilities listing --> https://emc.gs/t/82580/
    607 likes this.
  9. Interesting suggestion; not one that I've seen before.
    I also don't think I knew about /res list +tag. Cool!
    Like this: /res list +tag number. It would be nice if clickable buttons were added, though!
    That is interesting. I didn't know. I feel like I should create a bug report thread for it, but it's not a security issue, so it's probably not getting fixed anyway. You can do it if you'd like. [username] is an undocumented tag, and is clearly not working as it should...
    Fred_TWK and MoreMoople like this.
  10. That's because it is an actual forum thing. There was a time where you could do [ username][/username] to display whosever username is looking at it (You would see your own, 607 would see 607, and I would see Unoski). They removed it due to trolling purposes. For instance, I made a comment on a thread where I said, "I blame [ username][/username]" and I got multiple PM's asking why I blamed them.
    JesusPower2 and 607 like this.
  11. I did not know this! Thanks a lot!