[Limited time offer] FREE residence download!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi gang!

Got a nice idea for a build but you're not sure if it will look fun? Or maybe you're worried that you might go derelict: you don't care too much about your res. (easily build another one!) but it would be a drag to lose all those cool memories.

Wouldn't it be cool to be able and use creative mode on your res. to try stuff out?

Now you can! :cool: ... and it'll be free!

Here's how it works!

There are some rules, so please be sure to check those.

But in short: Respond to the thread and tell me which one of your residences you'd like to have in single player. I'll come over to visit & walk over your residence to download everything on it. All the blocks that is. Animals won't be included nor will the contents of any chests. So it's just the residence and all the buildings on (and under ;) ) it.

After I downloaded it I'll double check that everything is properly setup and will send you an URL through PM (to avoid others trying to download your stuff) from where you can download the ZIP file containing your res. Just unpack the zip file in your Minecraft saves folder, fire up the game and you should be able to load it as a singleplayer world.

If needed I'll add more detailed instructions later.

Warning: If you live right next to an official EMC building then I reserve the right to exclude that from the download. In other words: you'll end up with a nice fresh dirt area (or maybe I can fill the top layer with grass to make it look nicer ;) ).

Thing is: EMC staff & the build team worked hard on some buildings and I don't think it's fair towards them to "just" download and spread those designs around. So please keep this in mind.

There's a maximum of 1 residence per player (but do check the rules).

Limited time offer!

Depending on the amount of requests, my mood, my spare time and the llama's or shulkers this offer will expire somewhere between today and upcoming Friday (8th of December).

Rules
    • The download will be done as soon as possible, but I cannot make any promises. My goal is to have it done within one week at most after your request, but this also heavily depends on the amount of requests I may get. If I get 1 request in total it'll be a lot easier than having to go over 20 requests :)
    • The download URL will be sent to you by private message, after which it will be available until the end of December at most. So keep this in mind: download & make a backup copy, because eventually I'll remove it from my webserver again.
    • Only 1 residence per player, but if you happen to own 2 (SMP) residences right next to each other then I don't mind grabbing the other one as well. But that's also the limit ;)
      • If you want something else / more you can always ask, but.. please keep in mind that I'll most likely say no (also depending on how much requests I get). You don't know until you tried though!
    • ALTs allowed. But they'll have to make their own requests ;)
      • So: if you own 4 residences, 2 owned by you and 2 by your alt(s) then there's a loophole for you to get all those residences. Have you and your alts make the request(s) and we'll sort it all out.
    • I reserve the right to remove any official EMC buildings from a download (and probably fill it up with dirt or a nice gaping hole :D).

Empty! Gimme something to do! :eek:
    Esrik, luckycordel, NDubb424 and 4 others like this.
  2. 4199, please :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Heya, I'll do 4343.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. If you I want my utopia plot in single player :p. 5353
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Two things that caught my attention:
    By some things you're saying, I feel like you're acting like you're the only one who can do this. :p
    I like how you put the thing about removing official EMC buildings in twice. It's apparently important! ;)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Fair enough, that's obviously not the case. Anyone who runs LiteLoader together with the World downloader plugin can do this.

However... I do think I'm the only one right now who provides this service ;)

So I'm not the only one who can do this, but I do seem to be the only one who is doing this :D

Yah well, that part is important to me and I want to make sure people don't get any false expectations. I had that happening once because someone really wanted me to download an EMC building. A request which I eventually declined because... that simply doesn't seem right to me.

Now, I did violate my own rule once ;) Sort off. But just to give an impression of that...

I run a (private) server, mainly for experimentation and goofing around. Only a very select few of my friends have access and it's mostly used to share (building / redstone) ideas with each other. All my friends know that I primarily play on the Empire (my server is usually plain out idle).

So I also copied / applied the town design on one of the worlds to store several residences in a "simulated environment", mostly so that we can try stuff out in creative to see if that could work on the Empire, discuss ideas, and if something works you can then try to rebuild that on EMC.

To emphasize on the fact that this is meant to be an EMC "simulation" I also added a town spawn building. But not without supplying proper credits:

Credit where credit's due, even if pretty much every visitor already knows about and/or plays on the Empire :)
    Tuqueque, NDubb424 and 607 like this.
  7. This is just another example of why I like you so much. :rolleyes: :p
    ShelLuser and NDubb424 like this.
  8. Bump!

Oh wait, I meant: done! :D

It's in the mail (PM) guys, hope you'll enjoy.

But yeah, now that I'm on the subject anyway let's also bump this thread.

.... where was that wooden button again? :confused:
    607 likes this.
  9. Thank you shel
  10. And ze bumpz, the deadline is in sight ;)
  11. The very final bump. This will be followed by a request to staff to close the thread in order to prevent confusion and such. So consider this your final warning :)
    607 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.