Let's Talk About: Super Mario Maker

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nltimv, Sep 26, 2015.

?

I have got/am going to buy Super Mario Maker.

I have got Super Mario maker, and I like it. 3 vote(s) 21.4%
I have got Super Mario maker, but I don't like it. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I am getting Super Mario Maker soon. 5 vote(s) 35.7%
I want to get Super Mario Maker, but I don't have any plans for it yet. 3 vote(s) 21.4%
I will not get Super Mario Maker. 3 vote(s) 21.4%
  1. I'm looking forward to buying Super Mario Maker.
    I've had a long dream about Nintendo making a game where players can create their own Mario levels. Miyamoto, who originally created Super Mario Bros., also had this in mind for even longer than me. He thought about a Mario maker back in the 1980's to 1990's, but never got around to start development of it because of hardware limitations at the time.
    Despite that me dream came true, I actually wasn't hyped or all over when Super Mario Maker was announced. That's not necessarily because of Nintendo's marketings; my reason is at a personal level. I know that this personal talk probably won't be appropriate for this thread, so I'll just tell you a brief summary:

After starting high school, I've developed greater self-control of my emotions. I have the work ethic and critical thinking skills of a Type-A personality, but also some emotional stability of a Type-B personality, to an extent, as in I can still get very depressed from failures.
    When it comes to the announcement of a video game or an update to Minecraft (PC), I don't get hyped, like many people do, to the point that I'm thinking black-and-white, all or nothing, about it.
    607 and nltimv like this.
  2. Interesting Super Mario Wii's in the shop in the Netherlands :p

I miss the days we use to play SM on the 64 with my son, the racing game was the best
  3. Yes we indeed do still have it in our shops. :)

Below a screenshot from a Dutch game store that has an actual store in my hometown:

What's really interesting is the fact the UK doesn't have it anymore, since the Nintendo Selects version is still being supplied by Nintendo, and it's only € 25.

Then again, as I said earlier, if you really want this game (which you should :p), you could pick it up as an download in the eShop for Wii U (if you have one), and it's only € 20 there

I don't know how much this is in British pounds, but it shouldn't be too much different from the euro price.

I've never played SM64 in my childhood, nor have I ever had a N64. I played SM64 later on emulators (and the DS version). My first introduction to Nintendo was with the Nintendo DS Lite and Mario Kart DS.
  4. Super Mario 64 is amazing. Super Mario Maker has stalled my progress in it, though :p I can't find the other cap switches, anyway >.< I'm somewhere at 50-60 stars, I think. On Super Mario Galaxy I already got 110, I believe, but I've had that game for far longer.
  5. Bump.

In SMG I have about 115-ish stars. In SMG2 I had 241, but I lost my save data in the Wii-Wii U transfer (I love that animation though :p )
    607 likes this.
  6. Wuut, 241, spoiler alert xD I didn't know there were over 120 :p For quite a long time, I also thought that Super Mario 64 only had 64 stars, too >.<
    Anyway, I've been banned from Miiverse for two weeks. I do not support Nintendo having banned me, and it'd be for way too long even if I did agree with them.
    But thus I probably won't play for two weeks :(
  7. I'm sorry :D
    Aw, that's unfortunate. Nintendo doesn't tolerate too much, I know that for a fact. Guess you'll have two weeks to fully spend on EMC then :p
    607 likes this.
  8. Yeah, or homework, for a change ;)
    nltimv likes this.
  9. I really like SMM. It's fun and interesting enough to supply hundreds of hours of gameplay, which I may just end up doing. ALMOST everything is reserved from it's original title if not added, and there was clearly a lot of love put into it. I would give it a 9/10.
    607 and nltimv like this.
  10. My next level is a level set in the Super Mario Bros. (or rather Lost Levels) style: it's a castle level. It's quite hard!
    Be prepared for hammer bros., falling platforms, buzzy beetles, lots of fire bars... the id is BEF9-0000-0070-F5B7.
    nltimv likes this.
  11. Will try it :)

Also, bump ;)