Legal Auction-boosting service?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by Extendingskys_, Oct 12, 2017.

?

Should this be made against the rules?

yes 5 vote(s) 62.5%
yes 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The auction rules say that you yourself cannot bid on auctions, as well as alts or same IP accounts. However, you could hire other people to boost bids for you? I don't see anything in the rules against this. You could make a deal where for every 10 rupees they increase the bid by, they get 2 back, or something like that. And if they win, they get to pay a cheaper price, 10% off or something like that. This seems like a super clever way for people with a lot of resources to team up with people with a lot of money to make even more money.
    I also don't believe this counts as a scam as it's all in fair auction rules and whatnot.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  2. :rolleyes: Do we have to make something a rule for common sense to count?

If I say that alts or same IP accounts aren't allowed, why might that be? Because you'd have a hand in boosting auctions with no intention of purchasing the item. It's illegal and not allowed.

Let's get back to trying NOT to bend the rules and NOT make Krysyy have to put in an essay of miscellaneous crap rules details shall we.
  3. So wait, we can't have Terms of Service length rules that everyone skips? This is nonsense! </sarcasm>
  4. I agree ! Krysyy how could you leave out the deets at a time like this 😡

(Jkloveyoukrysyyplsdontkillme) 😉
  5. I'm pointing this out more of as, what if we found out people were doing this? Two people could be doing this for years, and if they ever get caught, they couldn't be in trouble because it's not against the rules ;p
  6. People have been caught and they have got in trouble for it, for the same reason/explanation I posted. Only really happened twice that I've had to get involved. Most people recognize it's a smarmy action and a scam.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. O lol welp there we go.
  8. You could technically buy it off them for the same price as they won it for.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  9. Very inventive and hilarious. It could backfire in your face if you win. But most importantly it would spam the forums and that ain't cool. A big -1.
    The_Boulder likes this.
  10. It's not a suggestion. It's a question that has been answered.
  11. It was a suggestion until the thread is closed you can give feedback / opinions
  12. I'm going to close the thread now since krysy has answered the question.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.