launcher cannot find java runtime.. unistall launcher??

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Zelda2786, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Hi there kind Sir or Mam , :D

I've been whitelisted, I thought i was running 1.11.2 OptiFine_HUB_B5 or B7. Anyhow I followed the picture directions as put out when you get whitelisted on how to "fix" your problem. I did follow the directions, hit the save button, yet all 3 times none of it worked ( still was whitelisted). My older son normally figures out the trouble, he's not home for another 2 weeks. I closed mc & updated Windows, security update was included. So now the launcher throws me an error ontop of it's prior problem. The Error :( unable to locate java run time. Click the show more details says; The system cannot find the path specified. File name: javaw.exe Exists: false Path: C/Program Files\Java|ire 1.8.0_121| bin|javaw.exe .. all of which are in the settings, profile page, & it's button is green (looks like saying it's turned on. I checked the file button beside it & the folder for run time is in there. (I've just now unistalled the Window security update, still no change on the error window).

So is the launcher in need to be uninstalled & reinstalled?? Would that be easier? If so how do I do that?

Zelda2786
  2. Have you tried updating Java?
  3. Java was updated 4-6 months ago
  4. Pardon any zpelling errorz because it's "quite late" where I am right now.

I don't understand most of it (my fault) but: you mean to say that when you try to launch Minecraft then the launcher gives out this error, right? So you can start the launcher, but not Minecraft. Also: you're using the new launcher I hope?

Theory: you recently updated Java, the path changed so now your Minecraft doesn't work because the launcher can't find Minecraft JAva anymore.

Easy solution though: edit your profile and tell it to use the default runtime.

So, start the launcher and check that the menu is open. If not: click that icon in the upper right corner (it's the same icon as on the minecraft website). It turns into a cross and you should see something like this:

Arrow marks where the icon is

So click on profile settings Launch options and then click on the entry you need to edit (the one you normally launch). Then....

Arrows point to the importnat option(s)

I think you have Java executable enabled. Just disable that (click on the button) and the launcher will then use the default runtime (which is shipped with the launcher itself).

After that things should work once more.
  5. OK so that's how. OK thanks.
  6. So I've gotten rid of the error window by turning off Java excutable & JVM's green buttons & letting the launcher find it's own way. I can now get to emc just can't login..still white listed. :( Yes it is set on version 1.11.2, my profile & OptiFine are set the exactly the same. :p Don't know what to do now? New launcher download?
  7. If it really is on 1.11.2, you need to update to 1.12, as EMC has now updated to 1.12. :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. Thank You, that did the trick. I can once again play mc.
    Thank You everyone for checking on me & all your efforts to help me. :D
    TomvanWijnen and ShelLuser like this.