Laptop Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BobTheTomato9798, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Laptops only have 1 sata port - So you'll only be able to have 1 - You'll need to take out the old hard drive and just have an SSD. (I so recommend SSD's)
    Manglex likes this.
  2. If you are referring to the Lenovo i linked, it has a 5400rpm hard drive, with a 64gb ssd in hybrid with it:) Also, it has the GTX 660M in it, which is (like you said) great! Its downsides are the 5400rpm drive, and the screen isnt 1080p:/ But with the ~$150 you would be saving if you got this over the MSI, you could get a decent 1080p monitor (i have a 23in 1080p monitor, $128 after taxes). Either way, Bob, you will be getting a good laptop. Just make sure you get it from either a good website (NewEgg, Amazon) or a VERY well rated ebay seller. Its not worth taking the chance of buying from someone newish, just to save ~100 on a $1200 laptop!:)
    Manglex likes this.
  3. Not with this one, you can put a SSd into the mSata slot ;)
  4. Oh dear... mSata is slow - So don't expect much of a speed boost from it.
  5. Asus is what you should get, Alienware are good laptops, but they're expensive and just for show, with all they're glowing lights and stuff... also there's a new Sony Vaio gaming laptop out, but I dunno how much it costs, or if its even good. :p
    marknaaijer likes this.