Laptop help | Will this run Minecraft on far?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by AlexC__, Oct 31, 2012.

1. No its not. Anyone who thinks that has a fast computer. I cant notice it at all.
  2. I just checked, and upon checking, it was 15 chunk updates and 45 fps.
  3. 45FPS is good - Anything above 30 is desired, Anything below 30 is considered laggy.
    Manglex likes this.
  4. You can run minecraft on far on almost any computer.
    The question is how many FPS you will get.
  5. JBHIFI is Australia's biggest electronics retailer :) You can click "Key Features" under the white bit haha and it shows them :p
    Which laptop? :)
  6. Yes of course haha, but you know what I mean :p
  7. I ended up getting an ASUS computer, thanks for the help guys! :D
    Manglex, Squizzel_Boy and marknaaijer like this.
  8. ASUS is awesome, good laptops. ;)
    Manglex and AlexChance like this.
  9. Look great too, not bad prices :)
    marknaaijer likes this.
  10. LOlonly just noticed there was a 2nd page xD
  11. ASUS is a great company. I personally believe Alienware & ASUS make the best gaming laptops. I also don't think Alienware or ASUS's laptops are overpriced. Their desktops on the otherhand...
    AlexChance likes this.
  12. I love laptops, and this one I kinda like . . .
  13. Does it matter these days as long as you have a real gpu. I play minecraft on far at 60 fps on my dell inspiron 1520 I got >5 years ago.
  14. Buying a stock laptop is always risky. They come with a lot of Junkware and arent always up to spec for gaming. Minecraft may seem like a game that is easy on a computer, but it sucks up a LOT of resources. THe graphics and stuff won't necessarily be a problem. Memory is where your big issue is.

4GB of RAM is not that much if your main priority is gaming. Now, I have 16gb on my laptop, which is way more than I need. Look for at least 8gb if you want it to run smoothly. Even then, you will need to increase the memory allocated to it via the computer itself for it to run.

I run at 200+ FPS nearly constantly in SMP. It fluctuates depending on what ELSE I am doing. But there it is.

Customized laptops are always better. It depends on how much money you want to drop on it, though.
  15. Alienwar machines are over priced for the hardware you get. Anybody who says they are the best do not know gaming laptops or desktops. Look to msi or other computer makers that actually build for the hardware, and not the label.
  16. AlexChance likes this.
  17. Yeah, I did loads of research and this laptop was probably the best in it's price range, plus it was on sale. The 4gb ram is probably the let down, however I could probably upgrade to 6-8gb if need be, right? Any ideas on how I would do that? :D
  18. Scratch that. For some reason, I was thinking the memory module was deeper in the laptop than it actually is. (Silly me.)

Depending on the laptop, you can sometimes access it simply by unscrewing a panel on the bottom of the laptop. Then tak the old memory out, pop the new memory in and voila.

Keep in mind, and do a lot of research before you actually buy the RAM, that not all ram goes into EVERY machine. You will need ram that specifically fits into YOUR laptop. It should say something in your manual, or perhaps even the website you found it on about what type of memory it has. (SD Ram, Ram, DDR Ram, DDR2 Ram etc.)
    AlexChance likes this.
  19. Honestly 4GB of ram is enough - Unless you have any desires to render videos while playing minecraft at the same time. 8GB gives you a nice headroom but is just not needed.
    Manglex and AlexChance like this.