Kat's 1 Year Scavenger Hunt

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by kaptrix, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Ill join put me in whatever team :D
    kaptrix likes this.
  2. Sorry! I fixed it.
  3. Less than 5 hours to sign up!
    DubChef likes this.
  4. may i be in the yello team?
    kaptrix likes this.
  5. Official Rules/Details For Scavenger Hunt

*When the event starts, each team will be put into a group pm with me to send me the code/coords of each found voucher. This will make it easier to keep up with team points.

*You will be required to turn in at least one voucher in order to receive a prize chest. This is my only way of proving team members actually made effort to look for them rather than someone getting a prize just because they were on the winning team.

*When you find a voucher, send me the code on it and the location coords. This will help with hints so I don't have to run out and check each time. Vouchers will be in chests which you will obviously be allowed to destroy.

*I will try to do hints hourly as long as I'm able to. Obviously I can't do this while I'm sleeping. The smp8 wastelands will be in a grid of 9 for each outpost.

*Hints will include 3 possible grid sections and the biome.
    I will post the hints on this thread but I won't be able to actually bump it hourly, so check the thread for updates.

*All chests will be on the surface, which includes trees, shallow rivers (they won't be in oceans or deep rivers), and surface caves (the kind you run through on the surface). You will not have to mine anywhere to get a chest.

*There are 9 prizes to make sure that each person on the winning team gets one. If a team of 8 or lower (someone didn't turn in a voucher) wins, there will be a random drawing for the extra prize(s).

*Picking a prize chest for the winning team will go in order of who turned in the most vouchers down to the least. If there are people that have the same amount it will go in order of who pm'd me their last one first.

*Instead of doing a ceremony for winners (since there are international participants), I will announce the winning team on here. They will be able to choose a chest on my res or in the team pm, whichever is easier. I will also post who won each prize.

Thanks to everyone that signed up to help me celebrate one year on EMC! Also, a huge thanks as usual to DubChef for donating prizes and helping me organize/set up the event <3. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask on here or pm me :)
  6. Event starts now! Good luck :)
    DubChef likes this.
  7. Rules/details are above.
    DubChef likes this.
  8. By chance, are any guarded by a wither?
  9. I have seen quite a few Marlixes while searching so far, not even going to try and kill them because I am in voter's gear :p
  10. For a moment there you had me thinking that the scavenger hunt would end a year for now.
  11. I am a little confused on what we are looking for, are these chests scattered randomly in the grid area? Or are marked by a structure or just of a path.
  12. 90 chests are scattered all over the wastelands on smp8. The grid is only for hints. When I give hints I'll give 3 different grid areas it could be in and the name of the biome it's in.
    ChickenDice likes this.
  13. Also it was updated to found so i think someone probably got it before you :(
  14. Sorry I missed the fun. I love my new job but it does have the side effect that I'm not around nearly as much. Congrats on one year Kat, and hope you all had a blast! <3
    ChickenDice, tuqueque and kaptrix like this.
  15. I might have to shower early and eat dinner early to come
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. I found a chest! Too easy! :p
    What do you do if u do find a chest?