Justin, are you ok?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by vividOptimism, Jul 20, 2012.

1. call of duty is illogical
  2. Considering the fact that your threads are completely in uniform, grammar checked, captialaztion checked, maturity checked and proper structuring, I think Call of Duty is as "illogical" as not me but you
    Translation:
    Have you guys looked at this guy's posts?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Basically what im trying to say is that over the last 200 years, US citizens have been arming themselves because they either feel scared, like guns or simply just because they can. Now you have a country infested with lethal weaponry and you think it's a coincidence you have one of the highest rates of gun-related crime in the world?

You've had this problem since the birth of your country, but instead of controlling it you've relished the ability to fight fire with fire and add to the problem, now there's really nothing you can do to fix it. Not immediately anyway.

Does anyone ever discuss trying to improve the confiscation rate of illegal firearms? From what little I see in the news, the government is content with the state of gun control and is more concerned about the economy, among other things. You can't just remove the second amendment, people will rebel and start an uprise, but if you become more belligerent and strive to rid the country of black market weapons, then you'll start to see less people buying guns out of fear.

It's just strange to me that you don't seem to care enough to do anything about it.

Also, as far as games are concerned, they are an outlet not an influence, although a very small minority of broken people from troubled upbringings can't understand the difference. So instead of destroying your children's computers and consoles, try to raise them right instead.
    MR2R2M, mba2012 and IamSaj like this.
  4. most of us have to big heads to care
  5. At the same time though, we also hear of a lot of stories (less because the news is mainly liberal here and is anti-having guns) where people who legally own guns and took the safety courses and never used it wrong, used it to protect their families against someone who had one illegally. In a lot of those cases, innocent people would have been hurt due to guns that people SHOULDN'T have had anyways, if they weren't allowed to have their own for protection.

It's like drugs. Drugs are illegal EVERYWHERE, yet one of our biggest problems in the United States. I really don't think making all guns illegal for everyone would do ANYTHING about situations that happened here. I really believe in the statement that 'guns don't kill people, people do'...meaning if guns were always 100% illegal, those people would STILL find a way to get a gun and do it anyways.
  6. You are completely correct Icecream! Laws only effect law-abiding citizens! No criminal is out there that would think "I'd really like to do this with a gun, but I can't because they are illegal." Since we cannot uninvent the gun, guns will always be around, and gun control laws put restrictions on people who follow laws only. Criminals will always have their ways of getting what they want.
    HillbillyBeastly likes this.
  7. That's why I suggested in that post to establish a long term goal to first rid the country of illegal weapons and you would see a natural decline in legal ownership when it is no longer needed.
  8. Yep, it's a great movie.
  9. I'm not saying cities shouldn't have guns, ahaha. It doesn't really affect me to be honest.
  10. Please, dont take any offense to this, none at all. But you dont understand because you are Australian. You have to be American to understand. Look at our history, the Brits put an absurd tax on tea and we completely rebelled on the government we were supposed to listen to. Now it wasnt just the tea that caused it, but Americans are pretty upset with the government BS thats going on right now. Who knows what would happen. Once again, i did not mean to offend you at all, im sure you Australians have issues that we Americans would never understand.
  11. Did anyone even read the entirety of my previous post? I said to eliminate illegal firearms, because obviously putting up an absolute ban on all guns would lead to rebellion.

Perhaps as a neutral observer I can understand your situation better than yourself.
  12. I read your post and let me tell you what the United States government could never get rid of illegal weapons. Look at it like drugs we have an entire branch of law enforcement dedicated to taking drugs off of the streets (D.E.A.) and they will never in 100 years be able to stop drug flow into and around the U.S. Even if all illegal guns were taken people such as myself would still use guns for sport and recreation. Lastly baddies would still use knifes and other weapons other than guns if by some miracle they were all taken away from them so we would still need guns to protect ourselves.

Edit: this is just my opinion of course
  13. Once again, no offence. You dont understand it at all.
  14. You're right, because I can't understand something that doesn't make sense.
  15. I have never asked for a thread to be closed. But I request someone close this. It is heading towards issues that are far too personal/political/religious.
    Terminator908 likes this.
  16. Im out of this now. Its getting too Radical to even try to argue anymore...
    Terminator908 likes this.
  17. Discussion, disagreement, and discourse are the spice of life! Haven't you guys ever had a debate before? Don't be afraid to disagree with someone's opinion! It's okay to have different views on things! You can learn a lot from an open discourse!
    IcecreamCow and vividOptimism like this.
  18. We did that and now it is over.
  19. The American Government would rather stick their nose's into the middle east for the oil, rather than controlling whats going on in their own back yard. Yes this may be a harsh claim, but its true.