Join message from SMPS

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by heneedsalotomilk, Jan 4, 2023.

1. The "player has joined, last seen moments ago" message seems unnecessary an is often annoying to me. Seeing as it only happens when a player disconnects from one smp, joining another, it should be changed to "[player] has joined from smp[#]". Just a little tiny detail that would be cool to see, rather than a useless join message
  2. If I'm not mistaken, it also happens if you disconnect and reconnect to the same smp in a short timespan, but I suppose that's not as common.
    I'm not sure why the message would be more useful with the extra detail?
  3. I've noticed some players like to say "wb" when players join their smp. Giving them a notice stating I'm joining from another smp will give them the heads up I've been in game and just popping in.

It's nice to be greated so this is in no way a complaint but some days it happens every couple minutes. 🙂
    607, Fred_TWK, We3_MPO and 1 other person like this.
  4. It isn't necessarily supposed to be useful, just a small attention to detail change. When disconnecting and reconnecting the "moments ago" should obviously stay.
    BreezyMan, UltiPig, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Oh.
    I never realize who people are talking to when random "wb" pops up in chat. I usually guess they are in the wrong channel

+1 = at the moment this message causes confusion. It's leftover from when the smps were separated and prior to global chat. I agree, fix or remove for clarity.
  6. Good points. :) I agree with the suggestion, then.
    I think it should be possible to implement.
    BreezyMan likes this.
  7. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure something like this already exists if you do not want those join messages in the chat. In your player settings go into Chat, followed by Status Message Location, and you can change that to ActionBar so the join messages will appear above your action bar.
    BreezyMan and 607 like this.