It's been one hell of a trip. [AMA+FUTURE GIVEAWAY]

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PetezzaDawg, Feb 9, 2018.

?

Do you know me?

Yes 10 vote(s) 66.7%
No 5 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Hey EMC, it's your resident pizza activist.

On the 23rd of January I joined a club I'd dreamed of joining for a long time.

In December I traveled outside Europe for the first time in my life. I'd been a bit of a reclusive kid before, but seeing the wider world, in particular the marvel of engineering that is New York City, made me open up. My real life became more of a priority to me than video games and with that, EMC. It slipped into the back of my mind and I forgot how much of a connection I had forged with the people here. So for about a month I let my faithful old PC tower gather dust.

At some point fairly recently I decided to check on the forums on my phone. I'd realised I'd left behind some of the closest friends I'd ever made.

So I decided to return. When I did, I realised I'd missed my 1000th day. And you all really deserve to be thanked for making this trip one of the greatest I ever made.

I'd been gone for so long that I let my alt go derelict and with him millions in promos that I would've used for a giveaway to thank you all. So, instead, I am going to compromise.

The part you want to read but I hope you didn't skip to.

My 3 year anniversary on EMC is coming up in very late April so I'm giving myself till then to organise a million rupee giveaway for you all. Until then you may ask me anything you like, real life or otherwise. Just use common sense. You know yourself when you're gone too far.

Thank you all so much for everything you've done. Some of you have had much further reaching consequences with your actions than you realised. And to you especially I say,

THANK YOU.
  2. Aww, that sucks to lose all that stuff :/ I'm happy to see that you "relived real life". :) Don't worry about the lost stuff, you still have other stuff left, and now have a motivation for more EMC, but do balance it well with real life. ;)

Congratulations on 1000 days of EMC, and "soon" 3 years too! :) And thanks already for the giveaway. :)
    JohnKid likes this.
  3. I am glad you are back Pete I hope Europe was amazing and I am glad you had a good break as well.
    I hope to see you in game soon
    JohnKid and PetezzaDawg like this.
  4. Pete ! I'm glad you were able to travel and see some amazing places ^-^/ and as sad as it is that your res went derelict, it only means you can make even more new memories on them! Hope to see ya around and a happy early 3 years to ya ;)
    JohnKid likes this.
  5. I live in Europe I was in the US :p
    JohnKid likes this.
  6. Can I have your signature? :D Like, a book and quill?
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  7. I'm sorry to hear of your loss of your valuables/all of that stuff, but I hope you know that many of us are happy to see you around again! And don't worry about taking time for yourself in real life, as it's important to take care of yourself irl before anything else. I hope you can find a happy balance between things, though, with your return, and I hope you enjoy being back here as much as we love seeing you back here! Just remember not to push yourself too hard and to take breathers when you need them. Right now though, welcome back :).

And on the lines of the AMA, I'll ask a few things! What's your favourite show (aside from Spongebob :p)? What's your favourite item in-game/in minecraft? What's your favourite food (edit: aside from pizza, we already know that :p), and what's your favourite holiday, if you've got an answer for either of those? :D
    PetezzaDawg and Ethy202 like this.
  8. I’m sorry you lost all of your promos... I hope you can start fresh and get back to playing on the empire! If you lost voters gear, you can just ask the SS+ people for a replacement and you can start up quick! There is also the newplayer promo that can also help you get into EMC faster!

For the question, what is your favorite mob?? This can be vanilla, french-vanilla (EMC), modded mobs, any of them! What was your favorite?
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  9. Yes :)

Such questions :O

I’d say the original Top Gear or Doctor Who, beacons (for reasons you know all too well :p).
    Continuing the Italian trend I love a good spaghetti Carbonara. And my favourite holiday has always been Christmas. I love seeing people open their gifts and getting to see my whole family set aside any arguments or differences they might’ve had :)

Wither skeletons for the same reason I love beacons :D
    JohnKid likes this.
  10. What’s Europe like? Iv always wanted to go (But 1. I don’t have enough money and 2. School and 3. Too young) :D

Here’s an early congratulations on 3 years...
    Congrats on 3 years :)

Hope to see you in game sometime!!
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  11. Europe's nice. While we may not have the same sort of achievements that are under the belt of the US or other countries (Huge skyscrapers etc.) some of the really old cities here are really amazing, like Madrid. It's really diverse considering there's more than 30 countries here, and it's easy to go too and from because around 25 of the 28 states in the EU have no borders with each other, so if you live on the border of a mainland country, you can experience an entirely different culture just by getting in your car and going on a hour or two drive. It really is amazing :)
    JohnKid and Theomglover like this.
  12. Congrats Pizza! And as a traveller I would like to ask what was the favorite part of your trip???
  13. Going to the top of the Empire state building. If you don't live in or near New York it's something I'd say you need to do before you leave, even if it is $37 per person just to take an elevator. It really humbles you.
    Raaynn likes this.
  14. I forgot this is here - Bump!
  15. Well, welcome back and congratulations on your 3 years!

I always think it's funny to read stories like these because I'm also approx. 3 years old (give or take). And although I do very often use the /p command (especially with new players so that I know if they're in town or the Frontier) I don't bother with regulars. Which always makes me think that some players (who I've seen throughout all of my EMC play time) are actually older than they really are. Same here :)

Thanks for sharing and of course: Welcome back! :)
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  16. Glad to have you back :D Since you're a pizza activist. Which pizza is your all time favorite and which pizza would you forever be against eating?
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  17. Plain cheese will always be the go to, and I have an alt called BanHawaiinPizza so I'll let you extrapolate that.
    Raaynn likes this.
  18. {Begins dicing up Elfinpinapple head to toss chunks at petezza.....} raaynning pineapple
    PetezzaDawg likes this.