Issues With Grief Protection

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by azoundria, Dec 7, 2016.

1. I'm trying to break rails on 'azoundria8' that I laid down on 'azoundria' about 2 years ago.

Unlike the last time, I can no longer break the block underneath, which is probably a good thing.

No staff were online, so I had to log into 'azoundria'. Upon breaking a piece of rail, I do get a notification on 'azoundria'. Then I typed '/vouch azoundria8'. It said it should have worked for 30 minutes.

Next I typed '/friend add azoundria' from 'azoundria8' and from 'azoundria' typed '/friend confirm azoundria8'. Nothing happened. Presumably, my guess is that it's a fancy chest dialog and I'm only using a chat client on 'azoundria'. That's just an annoyance. I think you should really look into making the chest dialogs also be usable by text because there are a lot of people like me who use these chat clients especially for things like this and I can't think of any reason to force opening a full client. You should be able to display the chest dialog and also send text to the client, and accept an answer in either form.

However, despite having vouched, I still could not break the blocks. I tried to set it up again, and each time it says it's successful. However, I still can't break the rail.

I tried '/friend add azoundria8' from 'azoundria', however it says 'Friend request has already been sent to azoundria8.' And of course, from 'azoundria8' I tried '/friend confirm azoundria' and 'Your friend must be the one to confirm this friendship.'.

One thing I thought of was whether this might have somehow been a bug with daylight savings time (causes me all kinds of grief). Although there's no /help vouch or /vouch ? or /vouch help, it doesn't seem like there's any way to vouch for a longer period. Say a couple hours. /vouch azoundria8 3600 says the username couldn't be found.

Anyways, I just double checked and triple checked. There is a definite bug because azoundria8 still cannot break the rail and I have definitely used vouch several times.
    ShelLuser, Equinox_Boss and Tuqueque like this.
  2. Yah, I know this and it has happened to me as well. Defriend your alts, remove the whole thing, then try again. Sometimes the system glitches, I had the same thing happening with some of my friends a few times.

Also: /fr blockbreak <name>. This one caught me offguard a few times as well (reminds me to consider a suggestion): instead of telling you the current status this one changes it back to the default. So the output you're seeing there is the current situation. I'm not sure but is it possible that this also created some confusion?

Anyway, I'll be online in a few, maybe we can sort this thing out together.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. are you vouching from a chat client? That also uses a chest confirmation which is likely the issue.

Supporting chat clients is not something we can do. We can't even detect it.
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Just try logging out and logging back in to restart the vouch process. (It's worth a try at least.)
  5. Did you plug it in?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Unplugged music can be so much better :D

(sorry, sorry, sorry) ;)
    Terminator908 likes this.
  7. Did you manage to resolve this in the mean time? I was writing up a guide and just missed you by 20min.
  8. You don't have to detect chat clients. You just send both the chest box and a chat message. And accept both responses. This also doubles in the normal client as providing a record in the logs of what you did.

And no I gave up resolving it. I haven't had a lot of time to play in the first place and might not for another week or so yet.