Is there more than one version of Zombie Virus?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by KatydidBuild, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Chat discussion has been that there is an "older" version of the zombie virus. One is pink and one sparkles and then there is the current one. :confused:

I can only find the info in the wiki regarding the zombie virus, just one.
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/zombie-virus/

Does the wiki need updated or are there different, but older versions?

thanks
  2. Hey! I remember this discussion and I became very interested on the topic because of an issue I ran into yesterday.

So here’s the thing, I actually didn’t know that there was a “Pink” version. The only version I knew about was the current one (dropped by the current Enraged Zombie/Momentus) and the “Non sparkly” version, which is shown in the following pictures:

And so out of boredom I decided to test some things about the item.
    1ST Test - Duration and Effects: as you can see on the image attached, Zombie Virus effects (Nausea/Blindness) actually last 15 seconds instead of the 20 seconds mentioned on the wiki. After further testing, the “Non Sparkling” version has the same effect as the current one, meaning both do the same thing and they’re not different on that matter.

2ND Test – Shop availability: I actually saw the OP buying Zombie Virus, and was interested, so I collected all the ones I owned (mind you some are pretty old) and was actually unable to sell some of them. This is probably due to that the old ones having a different tag and/or where changed due to an update, but I still wanted to show people my test results!

As you can see the Zombie Virus has different tags! That’s it, that’s the results. It was fun to do this and I would like to see the “Pink” version if anyone has one.

P.s: If you /vault the “non sparkly” one, the server updates it to the current version but if you /vault the older one it won’t update (probably due to the tags :p).

P.s.s: I'm not really looking for a fix to this, it was just me playing around with it because I was bored, but any Input is always welcome!
  3. Wow, there's multiple versions of this?? :eek:

Ah well, just like how Mojang made it so alpha leaves are auto-converted, it looks like the older virus will only exist in our memories at this point. I think the old virus is so rare at this point that almost no one has it unless a few people have kept it in circulation. :)
    luckycordel and sonicol1 like this.
  4. I will look into updating the wiki page with more info. :)
  5. EMC was created at the end of Beta, so I don't think there would be Alpha leaves. :p I do remember those leaves you mean though, and I don't remember why they were different, unlike the stone wooden slabs.
    luckycordel likes this.
  6. Short answer? Yes there is/has been multiple versions (at least 5 versions from what i can tell)

(Please note that this info is a WIP so it could still have missing info!)

When Zombie Virus's were originally added with survival update 1.0 on June 18th 2013 they were water bottles without the enchantment shine (as can be seen in this post by jkrmnj on the day SU1 was released)

The earliest proper mention of the pink one i can find is a Auction by ItsDicey in April 2017, Where he mentions the ID of the Pink ones say they are uncraftable potions and that they started dropping for him when EMC updated to 1.11.2 however the water bottle ones still existed at the same time

And finally Aikar mentions Here on the Survival update 2.0 thread that all old Zombie Virus's should now be the New correct color (which i can only assume is the green as all images i see Pre-SU2 are water bottle or Pink, and all images i see of them post-SU2 are green,

Along with the New Green also came some green ones missing their enchanted effect, Vaulting/Mailing should fix them to bring their shine back. I do not know what caused these non shiny ones however the same thing has happened to a few other items (Haunted Candy, Shiny Flesh and Arrows and Unused Rudolph)
    There also seems to be Slight differences in the NBT of some zombie virus's, While they may look identical some Virus's don't work with each other to move multiple of the same stack of 1 item into a chest.

With this info the i made an Estimated Timeline

June 18th 2013 - Water bottle Zombie virus's released
    Dec 28th 2016 - Uncraftable Potion Zombie virus's replace Water bottle in loot tables but water bottle ones still exist
    June 30th/July 2nd 2018 - All New and Old Zombie Virus's are changed to green

If anyone finds any info that contradicts/adds to what ive found it would be appreciated if you post it! :D
  7. Yes, I used to have 2 dc of pink, but color corrected on all virus in chests or vaults. They may have retained pink or green if in an item frame, but may convert to the normal color if you move them.
  8. Pink potions that were renamed before the Survival Update 2.o remain pink to this date. I know because I renamed one as "T Virus" and it's still pink, it also kept the "Warning: Don not consume" lore.

I know that, for a short period of time it was possible to use the "water bottle" version on a brewing stand, effectively producing any potion but retaining the "Do not consume" lore, such glitch was patched very quickly and very few of those glitched potions were ever made. I saw a full collection of such potions on a museum once, but I can't recall the address.
    luckycordel, Raaynn, 607 and 3 others like this.
  9. Yes, these are at SteveClasher's museum.

From my point of view though I dont think glitched items need a mention in the wiki. My 2 cents.
  10. I had a bunch of the older versions in some chests, They all have changed to the newer versions. As sonicol1 and Raaynn have explained. :D
    sonicol1, 607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  11. Speaking of which Lucky, I wonder if there's ever going to be a way to preserve the older virus? If so, I'd bet that it'd be worth a lot as they become more and more rare! :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  12. I think as Raaynn said in a item frame. But it would have to remain there or risk it updating. So the value would be hard to say if it's worth more. I guess you could say here's a rare item that's stuck here lol.
    607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.