is there anyway for me to restrict someone to one visit somewhere?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by mjnoe70, May 1, 2017.

1. At one of my residences I wanted to set something up but I want it so a person can only do it one time, is there anyway to control that with signs or other controls... Note: I don't want to have to set up access signs, I'd want "each person" to be able to do it once...
  2. Could you give some more details as to what you are making? I can't think of a way to do what you are describing but there might be a way to accomplish the big picture.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  3. Lets say at my store I offer free item, 1 per player is one idea. or I have something I want to allow someone to access a room/door/chest 1 time. Access works but then I have to know each players name. I am hoping that say jkrmnj comes and gets a free cake but can only get 1. The idea is just having a giveaway but controlling it a bit. I mean I could just have one item but I'm looking to attract many players and new players.
  4. Easy, player buys 1 key, then use a hopper sorter, to let the player pass through. You will know the name of the player from buying the key of the access point. Then the stock up one item, when a key is bought, and make it have a 10min-15min timer, so it cannot be spammed by one player
    mjnoe70 and Mob_Meal like this.
  5. That wouldn't be an automatic solution and would still require manually checking logs for repeated buyers. With that said, I don't think an automated solution is possible and you will likely end up doing something like this.
    ShelLuser and mjnoe70 like this.
  6. That is the only current option
    -
    On the other hand there is this thing: http://track.emc.gs/issue/EMC-410 I don't know what it is, nor what it does, but sounds helpfull for your situation(in the future, when it comes, if it comes).
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  7. Yes that 2nd line looks like what I'm looking for... basically something that works like the first time you do assist new I believe you get everything in the starter kit.
  8. you probably mean /promo newmember (iirc), it will give you the tutorial book once. /assist new just gives you a custom compass
  9. I'm sure you are correct, even at 100 days, I don't remember what that first command was! ...but yes like that one or other promos which halt you after 1 tic/use.
    TuqDufRhySmp8 likes this.
  10. /promo newplayer.

Just use /promo and you'll see the name.