is going on top of the nether illegal?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by haastregt, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Really?!?
  2. yeah bedrock acts as transparent for lighting purposes, the problem is it spawns like

so you have to break the netherrack, usually tnt works well
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Traveling above the world was making the player think it was in the town, which is why /town worked. It's the same reason we don't allow you to glitch inside the doors at mob arena. You aren't completely IN the area you are intended to be in and are glitching. That's why it had to be fixed. This was a fix put in WAY back in order to fix a problem as easily as possible. If you can't break bedrock without a glitch, then it's not truly intended for you to be able to travel above it either...leaving bugs for Mojang to fix isn't going to get us anywhere. Mojang doesn't make changes based on server play features that interact with their code.

As a side note, think of it this way. Travelling above the bedrock would also lead to you not encountering any ghasts or other mobs trying to kill you in the nether because they couldn't get to you. Travel isn't and never will be completely safe in the wilderness or frontier. That's a part of survival game play.
    ShelLuser, ESSELEM, 607 and 4 others like this.
  4. Thanks for the clarification, I thought it was disabled solely because it was a vanilla bug. I still don't think it contributes to survival gameplay though.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. sorry to revive this thread, but i wanted to test this thing out.... and i am stuck on top of bedrock... it wont teleport me back down.... plz help me.
    edit: Hx_cami10 got me down, but the tp thing that Kryssy said didn't happen
    It was still fun to try though
    also a picture to show my experience
  6. Were you able to build up there? Not saying you should build a farm or something, being up there might be a bug on EMC.
  7. dark oak trees not tnt
    ESSELEM likes this.
  8. I assume it couldn't find a place to put him back down. (search code isn't perfect)

But as for the overall issue, this is a bug that gives you an advantage. Plain and simple.

EMC does not "stay vanilla" when it comes to bugs or unfair game mechanics. We will patch them.
    If you want to exploit vanilla bugs, then do it in singleplayer.
  9. No, i wasn't able to build up there as it is set up so build is false and move is false.

For anyone wondering, I used a minecart to get up there. I didn't break any blocks or do anything "unintended" to get to the top. It works because after you go into a minecart, it ejects you onto the nearest solid block, and in this method (which I only used it to see this "anticheat" feature myself, not with the intent of doing anything up there), it is the bedrock as all other blocks around are filled in.
    607 and TromboneSteve like this.