Iron Farm Not Producing

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Capt_Bill_1st, Jul 23, 2019.

1. My Iron farm just up and stopped producing about 2 days ago, No Iron Golems means no iron, can some one tell me why?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Sincerely

Capt_Bill_1st
  2. There is a cap on the amount of mobs that can be in a defined area, check you don't have a lot of other mob related things close to your farm, if that applies to your situation. Try relocating them a fair amount of blocks away, and continue testing. If that isn't working for you, I would ask a developer about this. Hope you can solve your problem :D
    Capt_Bill_1st likes this.
  3. Do /entcount

This will tell you the number of mobs in the area, you may need to light up some caves or set your afk point at level 128 or above so cave don't fill with mobs
    Capt_Bill_1st and _Goatz_ like this.
  4. Before I had my iron farm in an ocean I had it just above ground. Everything was lit up so I figured I'd be fine. The amount of animals that had built up was insane. It took a good hour just to find and kill them all. After that the golem spawn rates got way better. Maybe this is your issue. Oceans I find are far better to build these farms since there is FAR less spawn area and nowhere for animals to spawn.
  5. The farm has been working form months, I have changed nothing, every thing is lit. it just stopped producing Golems
  6. My farm has been working great for months I'd AFK there all the time, it is in an ocean biome ,all caves are lit under the sea and in the area around, it has just stopped producing Golems.
  7. I set it up months ago in an Ocean Biome, lit all caves around, ARFKed there almost every day when I was at work and it worked great. 2 days ago it just stopped producing Golems
  8. I'll check out my iron farm at my outpost when I get out there and see if mine stopped as well.
  9. I kept checking to see if EMC updated to 1.14.4 and didn't tell us LOL This style of farm no longer works in that release.
  10. Have any Golem's spawned and stuck next to the villagers that will prevent them from spawning more, or have villagers disappeared/despawned I have had that happen in the past.
    FadedMartian and ThaKloned like this.
  11. Villagers do tend to despawn. I have had the issue at all 3 of my iron farms... not sure why that is though, seems to be a EMC thing.
    Silken_thread likes this.
  12. Checked my farm and looks to be running as expected. Likely could be either entity cap issue and/or despawned villagers.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  13. Do you tend to notice that there is a fairly consistent issue with despawned villagers as well, my friend?
  14. At my current farm, zero issues. Golems only spawn where I want and I've not lost any villagers. My older one I would lose them all the time since the animals would pile up and I'd lose some of the villagers to the auto despawn.
    Capt_Bill_1st and FadedMartian like this.
  15. I will take role call and do a head count, check the corners and see what I come up with.

Thanks for all the help folks I'll let you all know what I find
    FadedMartian and ThaKloned like this.
  16. All 192 Villagers called "HERE" during role call and are counted, only one Golem was out of place... He was rusting at the bottom of the sea so I killed him be for his bones. All caves are lit up but now I'am clearing to bed rock and am going to drain the ocean so no squid can take away from the entity cap... It's all I can think to do about this. How ever I'm still stumped why it just stopped producing after many months of putting out 1 DC of iron in just 5 hours.

Still looking for an answer... :confused:

Capt_Bill_1st
    FadedMartian likes this.
  17. Unlikely, but you could have a door problem. If you place anything that the program counts as a village between any of your villages, it creates a bubble area representing that new village. If that village is within range of one of your farm villages, then it combines to create a bigger radius. Then that new bigger village combines with the other villages in the farm and it becomes one huge single farm.

The thing is that you would still get one golem from time to time, so I doubt that is the issue. Unless you find another golem on the sea floor.

Make sure that you or any other players have not added any doors within the area of the farm. Even one door can kill this thing.
    Capt_Bill_1st and ThaKloned like this.
  18. I believe Iron doors are an exception. I have a few iron doors just below my farm.
    Capt_Bill_1st and FadedMartian like this.
  19. Well folks I got it fixed... with your help THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ;):)
    It seems, don't know why, but when I built the farm I had 3 doors not in the count of "villages" 2 that were going into my utility rooms, with redstone and hoppers and such for sorting and 1 going into my AFK area and they never seemed to matter before, I all so had 1 villager extra just wondering about the place, mostly in the basement, I guess he went to check out the rest of the place and found the door to my AFK area and liked it a lot when he found it at that point it through off the whole set up, so I removed the doors and re-egged the villager. now it works great again.

Thanks Again for all your help Guys

Sincerely

Capt_Bill_1st
  20. Change then out for iron doors and you should be fine.