IRL advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheFryedmans, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Emm well im sad at the moment because

My school burnt down last night 😔

All I know is that the library and office and some of the music department was spared.
    My school might have to be separated up to go to other schools but here comes the question...

What do i do
    i probably have at least a week maybe 2 for free.
    I have exams this year do I study do I just relax do I just sleep?
  2. I'm sorry to hear this! How'd it happen, if you do not mind me asking? Perhaps, just take it slow and maybe do both sleeping as well as studying? :)

Hope to hear updates!
    607 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  3. Thats really unfortunate :(

The only advice I have for you is to just focus on things your passionate about and to just take some time off. If that's not possible, focus on school work
    FadedMartian likes this.
  4. Wow, sorry to hear your school burned down :( I'm glad it didn't happen while you were inside, though.

What do you do now? You play on EMC, because EMC is good. :)

If you know what you need to study for, I would suggest doing that. You could also just try to have fun and relax, wait to see how everything turns out.

I hope all goes well, whether your school is split up, or if something else happens. If you ever need someone to talk to, send me a pm! I'm always willing to listen :)
    607, Otus_NigRum and FadedMartian like this.
  5. You need to study. No one is going to look back and think "Man, I really wish I hadn't learned as much as I did", whereas almost everyone will think "Man, I should have worked harder on this".
  6. Yea opps I misted a day of work though I now have work to do by the amazing teachers of my schools
    When u look at the pictures it's not that bad from the outside but it must be really bad on the inside
    FadedMartian and Otus_NigRum like this.
  7. If u see me on emc from 4am emc time till 11am emc time please tell me off and tell me to get back to work!

Lol
  8. Sorry to hear that :( major bummer indeed.

I think you already know the answer to this one ;)

But in all seriousness: why not try to combine the two? Study but in a relaxing way. I don't know what subjects (if that's even the right phrase) you're learning about but as boring as it might sound: why not simply reserve an hour or so every so many days (every Monday, Wednesday & Friday for example) where you simply go study but not as intense as you'd normally would? I'm sure it sounds boring, but in the longer run it could actually help you out because when school starts again you'll at least kept up with some of the stuff you need to know about.

And with studying I'm not necessarily mean doing tasks and such. But read a chapter of a study book to see what it's all about. Not in a stressful way where you need to rehearse yourself but just read it as if it was a story book and try to understand what they're talking about. And not having to stress can actually help make things easier.

I'm sure it sounds very boring, but I really think that it could help. And it will also leave plenty of free time to have fun :)

Just my 2 cents obviously
    607, TomvanWijnen, MoreMoople and 2 others like this.
  9. #Teamwork! :D
    ShelLuser and Big__Kev like this.
  10. I would throw a party in honor of my dreams coming true... just me?
    AltPunisher likes this.
  11. Some of each. Write down a plan for each day of what you will do related to these and make sure to leave enough time for.... EMC BABY!

That's all I got.
  12. Sorry to hear that about your school. You should definitely enjoy 1 or 2 days of relaxing if you are overwhelmed. Then, hit the books. I know it may be difficult to get motivation, but you could possibly get in touch with some classmates and form a study group together. I'm sure that you aren't the only one that needs to study for your exams, and you all working together will make it more fun, which means you're less likely to ignore it. I wish you the best of luck!
    SkeleTin007, 607, ShelLuser and 3 others like this.
  13. I definitely agree with Krysyy here, especially if it's high school exams... They'll whack ya if you don't study enough...
    FadedMartian likes this.
  14. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this! I can't give any advice but if you need an online friends to talk to, we're all here for you :)
    ShelLuser and FadedMartian like this.
  15. i agree with foxy we are all here if you want to talk
  16. That's terrifying!
    I'd say don't study as much as you could. You'll probably have a lot of free time and energy now, due to not having to follow classes. However, now that you do have so much time, it could be good to make use of it to do some things ahead of time. I doubt school will expect you to, though, until they will send out an e-mail with relevant information on what they would suggest their students to do. So honestly, I don't know how useful it can be to study ahead, if once school resumes you'll simply start back at the start.
    Are there books to read, though? You could surely do that ahead of time, and do any task related to them to (summaries or analyses or whatever your school does), if you haven't done that over the summer already.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  17. Thx all for it support
    I will find out that's happening this afternoon over twitter
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  18. found out I don't know who but my school are being split up to go for 2 schools at the moment.

also I did something that I found a bit funny
    I LIT a Candle to commemorate my burnt down school ! lol?
    607 likes this.
  19. id just sleep for however long i had off

dont be like me

~alice