Inventory organisation!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by triphora, Aug 26, 2020.

1. A random thought came across my mind today. "How do other people organise their inventories?" Because for me it's obvious what goes where, but I haven't seen other people's inventories and suddenly became very curious. :p

As for myself, this is a screenshot of my inventory normally:

Armour: turtle shell (renamed "shiny turtle c:" with 'god' helm enchants); elytra w/ mend/unb3; waffleheads's Voters Legs; 'Borked Turkey Trotters' (turkey trotters with 'god' boots enchants)
    Inventory: 1 arrow (for my bow) and waffleheads's Voters Boots, just in case Inv. Profiles needs to switch out my turkey trotters
    Hotbar: Order of tools always goes (left to right) sword [not present in example], pickaxe, axe, shovel, hoe [not present in example], bow, and then on the right (from right to left) fireworks and food. Specifically in the screenshot I have wafflecoffee's Voters Pickaxe, Voters Axe, Voters Shovel, and Voters Bow, with 6 steak and 17 firework rockets.

Share your inventories!

2. Nothing too special here. God armor with enchanted elytra. (I always wear fire prot pants)
    Spare backup chestplate. 2015 Labor bench. An arrow for my god bow. (Sometimes a marlix bow)
    Sharpness V sword, silk tools.

3. This is specifically for Gravel Digging lol, the enderchest is packed with Shulker Boxes.

I have a different setup for Sand Digging, and End Adventures.

Edit: For like Town related stuff I usually just have voters tools and das it
    luckycordel, 607 and wafflecoffee like this.

4. (The torches are for seeing in the dark with dynamic lighting)
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  5. I wonder, if you change the location of your tools depending on whether you have a sword with you or not, don't you accidentally go to the wrong tool all the time? My order from left to right is sword, pickaxe, shovel, axe. If I don't have a sword with me (like always in town), I still put my tools in slots 2-4, so that "pickaxe" is always "2", and so on. :)
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  6. Nope, I use scroll wheel. :p
    Plus, that's just on the offchance that I do have a sword.. I typically don't.
    luckycordel likes this.
  7. Pupinaction is nearly identical to how I handle mine. Minus the food in the offhand, I keep my food in slot #7. I just use my mouse wheel to quickly switch between my food and my left finger to return to #1.
    luckycordel and wafflecoffee like this.
  8. Ah, I almost never use the scroll wheel to change slots, I just use the keys 1-9. :p
    Yeah I also typically don't have a sword, but I'm used to having the tools layed out as sword - pickaxe - shovel - axe, and not having the sword first doesn't make sense to me, so I can't really change it. :p In town I just have a stack of dirt in my first slot. :)
    luckycordel, 607 and wafflecoffee like this.
  9. This is my standard loadout for every day work

Hotbar(L to R): loot3 Sword, Infi-mending Bow, Silk Pick, rockets, food.
    Armor: prot 4 helm, mending/unb3 elytra, fire prot 4 pants, and modified turkey trotters
    inv: arrow, fortune 3 pick, and eff V axe

and this is my loadout for end raiding!

Hotbar(L to R): Pres pen, Voters bow, silk pick, food, rockets, epearls, health 2 pots, water bucket and stone.
    Armor: prot 4 helm, mending/unb3 elytra, prot 4 pants, voters boots
    Inv: Proj Prot chest plate, arrows and echest
  10. So that's what my employer's inventory looks like? :3c
    Bunjimon348 likes this.
  11. In my wild base right now. It's what my inventory looks like whenever I'm not in town with access to voter's tools:

It's all pretty standard, exept I have my bow on 9, and usually other usefull-ish stuff on 8. Shulkers and torches are all there because I was mining out an area.

This is what I have with me in town: All tools exept for the first pickaxe are voter's, as I find that, for building with a quite detailed plan in mind, you only ever need to mine out one or two blocks, and, honestly, slower tools are better for that. The non=voter silk pickaxe is efficiency 5, which I also use for blocks like obsidian (which I also use every now and then for building.) I sometimes also bring a voter's shear with me (wool blocks are mined faster that way) those would be on slot 9. (boots are padded fur - they give a small speed boost.)

I'm, by the way, with Tom on the "always toolsbat the same spot." I only ever use the numbers, as I started playing minecraft with a mose of which the scroll wheel was broken. That is also the reason "pick block" is at "r" for me.
    The dirt I have in my inventory here is explained in this thread: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/i-got-res-607.83180/page-2#post-1569033

12. I like to always be stacked xD. I am a combat focused player so.
    luckycordel, wafflecoffee and 607 like this.
  13. I thought we had this thread recently, but that was only the hotbar. ;)
    I don't really do organisation, though. :p At least not consciously. When I go out adventuring, there is probably some order to my hotbar, at least. I'll look through the screenshots that I've posted in my Minecraft thread so far, to see if I see a pattern. :p (I should update that thread)
    The only thing I am able to conclude, besides that there is indeed little order to my inventory, is that I have a preference for having the sword in the first slot. ;)
  14. That's impressive! What's the armour?
  15. I usually have a source of food, tools, a weapon, a bow, and a stack of dirt or cobble in my hotbar; but my inventory is 100% pure chaos.
  16. Steel chest plate
  17. I spend most of my time mining if I'm not building, so this is my mining inventory.
    Voter's armor, Aikar's Scuba Helmet.
    Voter's gear, enderchest, shulkers, torches, dirt, lights and food.

18. My inventory when I'm just out and about, usually i have more tools when building/mining,
  19. Normal:

Hotbar: Sword, Infimending Bow, Silk Pick, Gold Carrots, Firework Dur 2, Ender Chests

End/Enraged/Boss Hunting:

(only difference is a Presidential Pen)

I don't carry ender pearls or building blocks when I go end hunting. That stuff can be found everywhere in the end lol.

I like to keep my inventory empty so I can pick up all the loot I get. My ender chest is always fully stocked with everything I need. (Ender Chest Thread? :p)

I only carry around a pickaxe since my other tools are in the ender chest as well.