Introducing the YOUTUBE THE EMPIRE Partnership!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JackBiggin, Feb 11, 2014.

1. No, they don't want my name out there, idk why, illl just say "Hello nyan here!" Im trying to bribe them
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Well, expect a new thread in the SYLP's forum soon after I finish uploading this trailer. :3
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Screw frapps... I'll just hold a camera to my computer.
    _Stads_, PandasEatRamen, 607 and 2 others like this.
  4. Let me know how that works out for you.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I tried using OBS to record, and the file size was significantly smaller than a Fraps recording. But... The quality was way lower than Fraps, blurry and choppy. Anyone else having this same issue?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Although honestly all I want is the cool sign below my name :p
    607 likes this.
  7. Well, my arms shake so much you can't see anything....
  8. Try using a mini tripod and setting it up in a good way. I might try that and see how it works out :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Note that using a camera pointed at your monitor might not be a good idea if you want good audio or video quality.
  10. Note that using a camera pointed at your camera pointed at your monitor might no be a good idea if you want good audio or video quality.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Would you look at that? I just happen to have a new signature Advertising my EMC Let's Play.
    NINJATTILA and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. I was kidding :p I don't do MC videos anymore
  13. I have a youtube account but I just never record. Id be willing to help anyone who already records. if u wan my help. Just pm me on here.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Does anyone know a good recording application for Mac?
  15. Camtasia 2 is pretty good. The $100 price tag, not so much :/
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. LOL My 8yo neice has been recording youtube vids on my galaxy S1 for 6 months. Including videoing herself playing computer games. :) It actually is really cool.

So it was part of the reason I invested money in software and hardware for making computer videos. She now has her own youtube series, mostly for the scores of minecraft mods that come out. (Seriously.. i spend an hour a day just downloading and installing yet another mod she HAS to have, and getting them to work with her other mods/texture packs).

I'm not very clued up on how to edit stuff yet, so I have not started a youtube channel myself. It is something I want to do, but simply do not have the technical expertise to do it. I might just start throwing up poorly edited things.

I'l be using:
    Bandicam to Record
    Cybershot Powerdirector to Edit
    (some free online video converter i found) to compress the file for youtube.
    Turtle Beach gaming headset for mic. (Actually really good quality).
    PandasEatRamen and Equinox_Boss like this.
  17. Any video recorders for Ubuntu?lol
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Is Banicam pretty good?
    Do they have sales? :O
  19. Bandicam was recommended to me from a few sources. And i've found it pretty good yes. But i'm no expert. I dislike Fraps, and other free recorders were bad quality, incompatible with editors, or very laggy. :) I paid for Bandicam, it's not expensive.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. Tips to impress the hamster:
    • Record/render at exactly 1280*720 (or whatever 1080p is). Black bars are bad. :(
    • Good mic is good - and Audacity's noise removal tool is amazing if you learn how to use it correctly.
    • I like interesting/funny things. Not boring things.
    • A variety of different types of videos is always good.
    • To upload to YouTube, use the upload button.