Internet Security

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Silken_thread, Oct 31, 2021.

?

What internet security software do you use?

Norton 2 vote(s) 20.0%
Kaspersky 2 vote(s) 20.0%
bitdefender 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other please state in comments 6 vote(s) 60.0%
  1. Internet security

It’s that time of year for me to renew my internet security, for many years now I have used Norton, however like other software companies, they are moving to online yearly rolling subscriptions.

So, I was wondering do you use internet security software for your PC, if so which one, and how well do you rate it.

I live in the UK, although internet security software such as Norton, bitdefender and Kaspersky are internationally used.
    607 likes this.
  2. Built in windows 10 antivirus :D
    StgbtL, weeh, FadedMartian and 3 others like this.
  3. uBlockOrigin for my internet safety. Then just default Windows Defender for OS level protection.
  4. uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger for web.
    No need for a system-level antivirus if you just don't download any fishy things.
    FadedMartian and Silken_thread like this.
  5. I use Windows Defender.
    Silken_thread likes this.
  6. Well in that case it's uBlockOrigin and windows security for now,
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  7. uBlockOrigin, plus another blocker that I don't remember the name of, and then Windows Defender. That combo plus being aware of what I'm doing and downloading (i.e if a site feels sketchy even if I'm not downloading anything, I just leave) has kept me safe. I also keep regular backups of important documents so if something were to happen, I can just restore things.
  8. None, just the built-in Windows antivirus. :)
  9. i definitely am the martian who uses AdBlockPlus but hasnt donated :cool:
  10. I use AVG (which sucks), Malwarebytes, and Windows Defender, and AdBlockPlus.
    Silken_thread and FadedMartian like this.
  11. Norton: Never again. Last time we used that, we tried to uninstall it. It was probably easier to remove a virus manually.
  12. I agree
    xGGirlx likes this.
  13. Kaspersky and a VPN 24/7, on my phone too
  14. i use windows defender (aka microsoft defender) and giamping vpn (gaming vpn) in my windows computer (i upgraded into windows 11 insider) (adblock is adguard)
    in phone is different, i use mcafee and google play protect, also custom vpn (napsternv) and giamping
    i live in vietnam and internet security isn't good
  15. Same, never again. I had Norton and Mcafee on my computers in the past. They were a pain in the butt to uninstall and remove them. I spent hours fighting their tech supports.
  16. Yeah, "Regedit" is the best way once you uninstall it
    FadedMartian likes this.
  17. I have been thinking about getting VPN,
  18. VPN is basically pointless nowadays except very few corner cases, thanks to https being almost everywhere.

And the first level of defence against malware are adblockers. I regularly run the full combo (ghostery, privacy badger, ublock origin, no script).
    since they have been released, for privacy, I also use containers for all things fb and google.
  19. VPNs are not practically pointless and people going around saying that are misinformed. VPNs are not a malware prevention tool.
    607 and Rhatrix like this.
  20. Haha yeah, no. Not useless at all if i'm trying to pirate and avoid getting nasty letters from my ISP.