[Interest Check] Custom Head Shop

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by PenguinDJ, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Would you use this service?

Yes 12 vote(s) 63.2%
Possibly 7 vote(s) 36.8%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hello,

I've been considering opening a shop/service for something high in demand: player heads. In specific, custom player heads. Basically, I'd buy another alt and change the skin to something - an iron block, a beacon, an apple - and kill myself a bunch of times and put the heads in a shop for people to buy.

I'd also take requests from the forums. Players could ask for a specific block or item and (preferably, yet optionally) supply the skin to be used.

I think it'd get some buyers. I have a few questions for the community, though:
    • Would you use this service? How often?
    • How much should I charge per retail/pre-decapitated head?
    • How much should I charge per custom ordered head?
    • Do you think this is a good idea?
    If I could, I'd start the service now. However, heads are really, really broken at the moment. Player heads aren't supposed to change the skin on them even in the player changes theirs, but all heads have been glitching back and forth like crazy lately.

Let me know what you think of the service. Thanks,
    PenguinDJ
  2. I'm guessing this would be a help to the museums.
    One head of each type of block.
    It would take a bit, but it would be cool to have in a player's museum.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  3. I would definatley use this, put even more detail into my Builds with the Heads
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. I can help, I have 3 accounts to be used for Iron, Gold and Diamond blocks...
    ThaKloned and PenguinDJ like this.
  5. Letter heads would be cool
    PenguinDJ and Kytula like this.
  6. Oh my goodness! You'd make a killing on those alone.

I'd love to see animal heads. Maybe even get creative and take 3 heads and like a snow man build a fox, or whatever animal you choose. I'd pay good money for that ♡
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. You could also make a fortune from fake staff heads =/
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  8. I'd be interested in some.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  9. How would this work if the heads keep changing? I've changed my own skin before and the look doesn't change from the old one.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  10. The skin isn't supposed to change. After a head is obtained, it should stay the same. Aikar tried to fix this a while back but it didn't work. I have a few dozen heads that keep randomly swapping between three different skins.

I'd only start the service after this bug is resolved.
    ThaKloned and DeathPunchKitty like this.
  11. I would 100% be totally into this. A little tip if you want to start early; Say if your skin is red and the alts name is "Joe". You can obtain your head a bunch of times, then put them away. Change your Minecraft name to "Jeff", then have your skin blue, and you can have two heads of technically the same person, one red of "Joe" and one blue of "Jeff". It takes about a month to rename the alt, but I mean you get the custom heads, which is nice.
  12. This would be cool, too bad the heads are glitchy right now. I tried to get one of my heads with a different skin, but every time I take it out of my vault it changes the skin on all of my pre-existing heads. That would be a problem until this is fixed.
  13. Ya that's cool. If this gets fixed I can help you out with some of my alts.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
    • Would you use this service? How often?
    Preferably, I would use it whenever I need a small(ish) block.
    • How much should I charge per retail/pre-decapitated head?
    Base price of 1000r. Increase/Decrease base on demand.
    • How much should I charge per custom ordered head?
    • Do you think this is a good idea?
    Yes
    PenguinDJ likes this.