[IMPORTANT] Upcoming Derelict Timer Changes

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 6, 2015.

1. In case you didn't know, you are automatically protected as part of your supporting membership! No votes required.

(But still vote because the voter's gear is awesome.)
    ShelLuser, cadgamer101 and gunthro like this.
  2. This change has gone live.
    Voting gives 7 days and New players get min 10 days.

But also a new perk for supporters!

Supporters now get 30 days AFTER their last day of supporting of derelict protection.
    This has always been a detail that confused many supporters, so now that behavior is how it works.

And incase it wasn't known (this isnt new), veterans (someone who has been on EMC for over 1 year) gets 90 days from SYSTEM (but I believe in game still is only 30 days).

Note: In game changes for this update has not gone live yet, but please don't go force claiming new players unless you really need the residence.
    gunthro likes this.
  3. So this means that the residence won't be taken out by the server for 90 days but you can forceclaim it after 30?
  4. Yes, but like he said, don't go around force-claiming new players unless you are in a pinch and you really need the residence.
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  5. Wait, so if we have been on for less than a year then we get 30 days off the server before our residence can be reset? Or do we get only 7?
  6. You will get 30 days of derelict protection.
    ChamelonNYC likes this.
  7. I am pretty sure that you get 30 days of derelict protection.
  8. You will get 30 days of derelict protection before your res gets reset
  9. I have a question about the new derelict changes. I have been voting for a friend to keep them from going derelict while they're away. However, since the new changes have gone live, my daily vote for the other person hasn't counted. Is this something that has been changed as well? Or am I having a problem with the voting website?
  10. Try switching servers. A vote for my alt wouldn't update on /p but when I switched servers I could see the vote. :)
    cadgamer101 and DeathPunchKitty like this.
  11. Great, thank you! I'm glad to hear that it's most likely a voting server problem.