IMPORTANT - Difficulty Bug

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 5, 2014.

1. I had this exact problem with a zombie that killed me like 15 times. I had chickeneer come to help me and I found it to be invincible. Thank you for the confirmation that I am not insane chickeneer!
    chickeneer and Ultimamaxx like this.
  2. i wish i knew this before i spent like an hour trying to kill a momentus i was over there like "i knew these things had a lot of health but dang" (this was my first time fighting one .... great way to start off)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  3. at least i think hes invincible .... like i said ive never faught one before so idk how long it SHOULD take .... but i had my god sword and god bod (but the arrows would usually go straight through him, only occasionally hitting him) so i would have thought that after an hour he should be dead
    nickohm16 likes this.
  4. Momentus should have 300 health. So it should normally take about 15 minutes to kill him.
  5. Question. Are blocks supposed to be dropping player heads on occasions?
  6. It could be linked to this old bug. If you claimed the residence some time before the bug was fixed - this would seem like a logical explanation.

http://track.empire.us/issue/EMC-405
  7. LOL these won't die! :p
  8. wow and i thought my one was bad .... good luck, you will need it XD
  9. I left them because my armor was about to break.... I told every server about it so everyone could go fight them. They won't die!
    BailiB likes this.
  10. I recorded a video of it so I'll edit this post once the video is ready!
  11. haha, weak :p
    you think 3 is hard? try 9 ;)
  12. u think 9 is hard try 15 :p
  13. ok i have tested/recorded the mometnus... it looks like the only think that can kill them is your hand...swords bows or ANYTHING other then your hand regens them to full health
    ill post video VERY soon
  14. so basically i have to PUNCH the MOMENTUS to death ............. that doesnt sound like a bad idea at all
  15. I just tried it... it does very little damage and will take forever :p
    cyclops93 likes this.
  16. If my math is right it takes 600 hits to kill it, but a toothpick will never pop out because you haven't used looting or even a sword to start with
  17. Edit*its 600 hits on diff 1, so once you kill it your looking to get 1-20 flesh dropped no more, and that's all that will drop
  18. So I spent a lot of time trying to fix this last night, but didn't finish.

Bukkit essentially changed major fundamentals of controlling entity damage and pretty much broke every plugin that touches entity damage.

In other words: They screwed up big time.

Essentially what is happening is when you have higher attack damage, and your damage gets capped, you end up giving the monster absorption buff....

What does that mean? It's likely every hit you guys have been doing has been giving it absorption, so im going to have to auto cancel out crazy absorption levels.

I have some more ideas to fix it, so hopefully tonight...
    highlancer54 likes this.