I'm very pleased to meet you all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SuperiorToaster, May 11, 2017.

1. NOT.

I am the ultimate lifeform: a rusting, unplugged piece of defective hardware that is unaffected by punishments consisting of pulling my plug (did I mention I was unplugged?), and submerging in bathtubs (or any body of water). I have an affinity for utensils, especially the stainless steel variety, and burning the toast of any poor mortal that dares cross me. I am way past my warranty expiration date, and woe be to the mortal that finds me on their kitchen counter. I shall never leave.

That being said, greetings.

I'm still developing the angry little toaster persona. It was birthed of an idea that came about on a mobile game called Clash of Kings with a select community and grew from there. I've developed a bit of an affinity for it, as you can see.

I'm not a new Minecraft player, but these days my intent to play goes in and out. I would much prefer to play ARK or Space Engineers, but my toaster *points to the laptop* says no can do bro. That's one point for Minecraft, it really does not require much to run. As for the personal details, I'll give you a brief summary at my discretion, and then describe what I'm looking for for an ingame community.

Name: Scott Calvin
    Interests: Age of Sail models, gaming, books, campfires

This would be my third server in about 5 years that I've decided to call home. I like the look of it so far, it's rather indepth. I feel I have a lot to learn and appreciate about it, and am relishing the challenge. That being said, I'm somewhere between a loner and a group player on minecraft. I like being part of groups, but I like my own space as well. Someone that's usually on the fringe rather than in the center of all the action. If there's an ingame town or community that's not too big but is fairly active, I'm quite interested.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have loaves of bread to go chunk into the lava blocks.

Toaster
    SirTah, AncientTower, Dufne and 3 others like this.
  2. I saw Toaster so I immediately thought you were someone's alt :p
    NuclearBobomb and penfoldex like this.
  3. No, it's just me. :p
  4. So... not related to SparerToaster.

Welcome to EMC.
  5. Exactly who I thought of.
    penfoldex and synth_apparition like this.
  6. I see I'm going to have to change my name. It's rather odd to find someone with a name similar to mine. No matter, I'm sure I can make something work.
  7. Nah, it's okay. You should do you. It's easy enough to distinguish between you and the other Toaster :p
    TuqDufRhySmp8 and fluffinator09 like this.
  8. I hope so! I'm certainly more defective!
  9. Welcome to EMC! More Toasters are always welcome. :p
  10. Welcome to EMC and you will enjoy learning the many things this server has hidden as far as options and things go. Which server are you on, SMP? BTW getting around EMC is pretty dang easy and you'll learn to love the /vault but don't use it until you need to move stuff since there is a "small" fee.

My first suggestion may be to so a /ps and set your difficulty and miniboss settings where you want them. It's 5 to start and is pretty doable if you are a fair MC player with the starter gear. The various stores and shops on all the servers offer some great opportunities to get some of the harder to get items or ones you would prefer buy while gathering others. Make sure you check them out. All the servers have a great number of shops with lots to chose from.

If you have any questions, toss em in the forums, in game or you can PM me and I'll gladly try to help if I can but you'll find many helpful EMC players out there willing to help when they can. Again, welcome, now I'll leave you to your rye bread and waffles!
    SuperiorToaster likes this.
  11. Well... there goes the electricity bill :D

Aaah, now that helps. Yeah, good for you to think about the environment and all :)

Well, Empire Minecraft is basically, as I like to call it, a no-nonsense server. In comparison to your average server which is mostly build around a certain selection of plugins and keeps striving to make that work. Nothing wrong with that approach of course, but EMC is more focused on providing a solid Minecraft gameplay. And in my opinion that's showing.

In a good sense EMC is vanilla+. It has tons of features, but is pure vanilla where it counts. Examples being the wasteland (mining world): when you head out to mine you're more or less on your own. You can't simply type in a few commands and zip back to your comfortable (?) warm (?) glowing (?) metal (?) residence right away, you'll need to head back to the outpost before you can do that. Comparable to your single world Minecraft game where you'd normally head back to your base after you're doing mining.

Of course there's a "little bit" more to it than that, but yeah... the wiki or the forum guides section can shed more light on all that.

That sounds very familiar indeed :)

Aaaanyway... Welcome to the Empire, hope you're going to have a good time here. Keep on toastin' :D
    mjnoe70 and SuperiorToaster like this.
  12. Dear SuperiorToaster,

Welcome to EMC, I hope you enjoy your long stay if you do decide to stay. Everyone is always welcome and I hope you enjoy this server as much as I do and make lots of new friends. You surely can never get bored if you are on at the right time and right place. Once again I hope you enjoy this server for your whole stay. You are always welcome to smp8 and don't be shy to stop by any of my residence's because you are welcome to for now. As long as you stay out of my way and don't get on my nerves I bet we can become friends (xD) .

~Lady Eliza
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. Welcome to the Empire, Toaster!!
    I look forward to seeing you around the forums and in game.

p.s. That is my favorite Christmas movie ever.
  14. Isn't it though? I still haven't seen numbers 2 or 3 I'm afraid, not sure if I'm missing out.
  15. I appear to be on SMP8 at the moment, what is the difference between the servers? If any?
  16. I wonder what you call a fan of toasters? Anyways, welcome and enjoy your stay!
  17. Not much, you will get different personalities, maybe some are slightly more active or talkative. I have been on SMP9 and SMP1, both were good. I just settled in to one because I have family on that smp...

on all you can get around the same, /shop /mall or /wild /waste /home
    Lady_Eliza likes this.
  18. Well hello! Welcome to EMC :D
  19. i Am A tOaStEr AnD i Am DeFeCtIvE

Blenders are better
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. Heya Toaster, welcome to the EMC family! If you ever need anything please ask me in game, or shoot me a pm here, my inbox is always open. :)
    mjnoe70 and SuperiorToaster like this.