I'm so terribly sorry for not posting this sooner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GamemakerVIRAL, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so you know how I said I want to play on this server for evz? well I would like to share something that I did that was wrong...

so about a year and a half ago I was testing out the new wastelands teleport signs and I didn't realize this at the time but when ever you would shift-right click any block on those signs it would duplicate it. so... I ended up duping a bunch of things such as diamond blocks and what not and selling them to in game shops... but I guess Aikar fixed that bug about a few weeks later. I can't even explain how truly sorry I am for doing this... But I'm and adult now so if I get banned for this I'm actually OK with it. Peace EMC.
  2. Didn't even realize that this bug existed. But I do realize that taking advantage of it would be wrong. I'm sorry for your burden you've carried but I'm not sorry should you get banned.
    WardleDeBoss and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. I don't have an outspoken opinion about this, but I do think it might have been a better idea to PM Krysyy about it and just tell her, in private, what you did and that you're sorry for doing so. Then they can sort it out and decide on it.

Thing is... I definitely respect you posting this, but I also think it would be a shame if you'd damage your reputation over something you did in the past and which staff might not even care about anymore.

My 2 cents... Are you really sorry and do you really want to make up for it? Go dig up those transactions in your rupee history and undo the damage a bit. For example by paying a senior staffer the full amount of rupees which you "swindled" (do explain why you paid 'm). The whole thing would still leave it's (small) impact on EMC, but at least you could honestly say that you're no longer profiting from it anymore in any way, shape or form.

Once again: just my 2 cents.
  4. I have to agree with Shel here. PM Krysyy about it, Dig up the logs and pay to senior staff.
    It was a dupe glitch, I guess at the time you discovered it, You weren't thinking correctly took advantage instead of reporting it. Although you may be banned, I forgive you for being honest.
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Why pay to Senior Staff? Why not pay back the player shops that bought the items directly? Sorry kind of confused about paying senior staff since it was sold to player shops.
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  6. I think the reasoning behind paying senior staff is to get the rupees made, out of play. The player shops may not exist anymore plus if they do. Then all that gets accomplished is paying a player back for an item they most likely sold for profit. I mean the player shop could always give the item back that was sold and then give the senior staff the items but that seems a little harder to do.

Edit: I just re-read this and it sounded harsh.... Didn't mean for it to sound harsh at all.
  7. This is correct. Technically the rupees made from selling are "illegal" in the sense they were made in a wrong way. It's better to get them out of play rather than pass them on to other players.
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  8. Tower covered it already ;)

Those player shops are bystanders, they had no influence over what was going on so I don't think it's fair to "penalize" them for something they had no control over (note: I even consider bothering them over this as a (mild) form of penalizing, I'm sure they got other things to do).

In the end it was the OP who gained the most from all this by selling those items. So, as Tower also mentioned, the idea is to remove the money he made from the game.

But there's more: going over your rupee history isn't exactly easy either ;) That's also why I suggested it; if the OP is serious about all this then I would consider this a very suitable self-inflicted punishment for those past actions. Because I'm sure that the OP also has more things to do than to go over dozens of rupee transaction pages.
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  9. I don't mean to be harsh, but as stated it might be better if you hadn't made a public discussion about it. I can appreciate the fact that you're being honest but I think all it's done is create unnecessary discussions about something that should be between the OP and Krysyy/the senior staff. If you take this to heart I'd suggest asking staff to close the thread by reporting the OP and asking them to close it. Sorry to steal your saying shell, but, just my 2 cents.
    WardleDeBoss and ShelLuser like this.
  10. Krysyy will contact you
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.