im so cool that i dont play a phone app thread - as suggested

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Egeau, Jun 24, 2018.

?

Are you cool?

Yeah, I answer I am cool, so I am. 6 vote(s) 46.2%
No dude, I play minecraft, I can't be cool. 7 vote(s) 53.8%
  1. I do play some phone apps. I recently learnt that 3 Lemmings games were released for mobile phones (Java), which is quite cool. I got one of them to work on my phone, actually. I've almost beaten it! Most of the challenge in this version lies in the finicky execution, though, which is made even more finicky by my rather small screen, as the puzzles included aren't the most difficult.
    I also found out that all of the games I bought/downloaded using the official store don't work anymore since I switched to my new phone. I suppose there is some kind of DRM on it, so it's harder to spread games illegally. It's annoying, though, as I've now lost the games I had got.
    Although I guess it's not such a big deal, because I didn't have many from there anyway. I did try to download some new games, but all games I could find required to use the internet - perhaps to load advertisements? - which I don't want, as that uses up my pre-paid credit unnecessarily.
    Something I could try is sending the games I had over to my new phone via bluetooth, but that will be a bit of a hassle, as I got a new phone for a good reason: the screen of my old phone isn't lit up anymore, so it's very hard to see anything on it.
  2. I actually usually don't play any games at all on my phone. :D
    Jelle68 likes this.
  3. I play PubG and Sandbox on my phone, but not often bc my phone is so small it hurts my eyes.
  4. I don't really have anything on my phone that I consider a game. I have my paint app and discord that I use a lot though. :D
  5. I really wonder how this thread actually got serious replies...
    Oh well... :p

Sorry for the part few posts and stuff btw, I am kind of annoyed by myself not being able to get things done, and so just started trolling a little here... It should be all better again tomorrow (the day of the deadline of the things that I don't seem to get done) :rolleyes:
  6. :)
    Jelle68 likes this.
  7. Is mayonnaise an instrument?
    Jelle68 likes this.
  8. Ask Alexa.

9. I don't play many games on my phone, but I do thoroughly enjoy the matching game Disney Emoji Blitz. It's the game I play when I get home, kick off my shoes, and sit on the couch for a breather after a long day at work.

Other than that though, I don't bog my phone down with a ton of game apps.
    607 likes this.
  10. I don't have a phone anymore as the charger is basically dead, and phone games are lame anyway
  11. Bloons Tower Defense (BTD) Battles seems to be the only one that has lasted on my phone. Plus, I keep BlowTorch around for those rare occasions I feel like a MUD/MUCK session.
  12. I hate mobile games with a burning passion. They're the reason microtransactions have so much credibility and their use is employed in £60 AAA games now.

I will say though that I used to play Minecraft: Pocket Edition a few years back, as well as PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist (this game was an unexpectedly great platformer lol). Nowadays I've been playing Fallout Shelter on the bus to and from school since 2015. I recently started a new vault, too, and I really do enjoy the game.

I'd actually love to make a mobile game, honestly. There's so many neat things I reckon you could try out on a phone, yet nobody seems interested in doing that. And I do have a Game Maker license that's just been sat there since 2016, completely unused...
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  13. I've felt that as I've grown up from my sixth-grade days, mobile games really just don't sate my needs anymore, but I also feel like many mobile games just don't have the necessary content and depth level that I really look for in a game. All of my time on my phone is spent on reddit, and the last time I played a game on my phone was, albeit recently, on a flight home with no internet connection at all.

The platform sucks too; even a controller is so much better than having to use a piece of glass as your input device.
  14. Don't play phone games? Get on my level kiddo, I don't even own a mobile phone.
    607 likes this.
  15. ^^^
    Same... I only have CoC on my phone lol
  16. CoC?
  17. Clash of Clans :)
  18. I know someone that has spent WAY too much money on microtransactions with that game.
  19. I am not suprised.. when it first came out I had that issue... but no longer :p