I'm Leaving EMC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cTJx, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Hey, ya'll...
    As you can probably tell by the title, I'm leaving EMC, at least for now. The Empire has served me really well over the past few years, and I've had a great time. But since I've started high school, the pressure to do well and stress levels have increased, meaning that I don't have the time to actively be playing any longer. I will still be popping in time to time just to make sure that I don't go derelict, but from now on, I won't be as active as I used to be.
    I promised myself that I wouldn't get hooked on Minecraft, yet I still did, and that has impacted me negatively. I realize that I've been wasting a lot of time on this virtual game, and I haven't been opening my eyes to the real world. I will most probably return before summer begins, though.
    Thank you to everyone who has helped me through the journey. I'm not resigning from the contribution team yet, I still wish to work on that one. Thanks to all the people that have helped me through almost 700 days on the Empire.
    Goodbye, for now!
  2. Good luck in High School.
  3. We've all be there. Good luck!

4. For what's it worth: you're making the right choice here. I'm sorry to see you 'leave' of course, and I'm also pretty sure the same can be said for other players as well, but you got to keep your future in mind as well. Proper education may sound utterly dull, boring and maybe worse but it honestly is very important. I even dare say that it has become even more important than it used to be (in my opinion obviously) because of the constantly changing things and the overall quality of the educational systems in general (lets not go there here :p).

Bottom line: you're making the right choice. And EMC will still be here once your vacations start!

So yeah, I wish you all the best!
  5. Best of luck outside of EMC! :)
  6. Hey, don't forget to look into things like trade school and work experience. Get a little bit of everything.

I did the college thing and for me, I found better employment and future from my prior work experience than I did from my schooling.

So, pay attention in school, but also don't be afraid to develop some real world skills. Learn how to make and live by a budget, learn how to read and understand legalese (especially in the mortgage, banking, and credit card sense), and how to cook. Cooking things at home will save you mucho bucks in the long run....

But don't be afraid to come back and check in when time after school permits.

You can have your cake and eat it too..... <3 Just don't forget to go for a walk after....
    607, ChespinXMas2k16, _cTJ_ and 2 others like this.
  7. Good luck!!
    ChespinXMas2k16 and _cTJ_ like this.
  8. I love u man, but they we always can chat and rant, much luv
    ChespinXMas2k16 and _cTJ_ like this.
  9. Wishing you the best man!! You got this! :D
    _cTJ_ and ChespinXMas2k16 like this.
  10. Good luck and take care! :)
    _cTJ_ and ChespinXMas2k16 like this.
  11. Good luck with everything :)
    _cTJ_ and 607 like this.

12. I know what you mean CTJ, I am going through HS right now; it is tough yes, but sometimes I get the strength I need from logging on, and seeing everyone, seeing the people I have forged relationships with; people that I have really grown to love, maybe as best friends, some as brothers or sisters. If you need someone to talk to, you can PM me on EMC's site, that way you don't have to stay on the actual server for extended time... Most people are always going to be here for you on EMC, I know i'll always be here for you. Stay Strong; you can pull through. I have faith...

-takenID
    _cTJ_ likes this.
  13. for now, Goodbye, Hope you can do school the way you want to :)
    _cTJ_ and 607 like this.
  14. Good luck, focus on school and do well it will help in the long run!
    _cTJ_ likes this.
  15. Good luck dood :)
    PenguinDJ and cTJx like this.
  16. I haven't, actually. :p

I do understand, though!
    Good luck, and have fun! :)
    _cTJ_ and Equinox_Boss like this.
  17. All the best to you and awesome job in realizing and acting on what's important to you. Glad you'll still be around here and there. :)

_cTJ_ and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. What grade are you in?
    Rimont and _cTJ_ like this.
  19. I hope through life's journeys all goes well. Good luck with schooling and good luck with real life in general.
    I hope you have good success throughout the journey you are about to set foot into. We will miss you and how you made EMC a good experience. Best wishes from your friend SkeleTin007 ;)
    Equinox_Boss and _cTJ_ like this.
  20. All the best in high school. Work hard and make a bright future for yourself. ;)
    Equinox_Boss and _cTJ_ like this.