I'm...Back?!?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mikaila, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Sooooooo I might of been lazy while making this(Ive been really sucked into maplestory 2 lately).

My name is Qkazoo, others may know me as Mikaila or the kazoo kid, I have been apart of EMC for about 3/4 years but I decided to return.I would say around Jan.-March is around the time I vanished from Emc for real life stuff(basically saving up to move from CDJS's house to my husbands house). After that I got addicted to another game(trust me that gave is a hole for your money dont try it). Around the time in August my husband got restationed to Alaska so we ended up taking a road trip from Mississippi alll the way to Alaska (its not the best photo but shhh I tried).

We started in Columbus,Ms and headed through the states. Every new community center we stopped in we had to check out for pokestops because I mentioned we should start up pokemon go again during the trip. Along the way I had to pick up an alien in New Mexico but I am a sucker for one,so everyone meet Mulder!

After that we kept going till we reached Las Vegas(it took about 3 days and we didnt stop to sleep). Jonathan wanted to see the Hoover Dam so we decided to stop over & look around, The view was very nice but oh man was it hot I was burnin uppp.

I was excited because after that it was finally time to return to my home land of California! We decided to use an app called Rover(it allows you to either have someone watch your dog or you get paid for watching peoples dogs) and dropped domino off for 3 days to enjoy Disneyland. It felt so nice to return and especially bring Jonathan to my favorite place,sadly the Halloween area wasnt up yet but I still enjoyed every second of it! My favorite ride is Haunted Mansion & Jonathans is Space Mountain. Jonathan also had us go see a medieval times show which was alot of fun(and I totally did NOT get drunk at all nope not one bit)

We stopped by my hometown San Fransisco and it was enjoyable to see Jonathan try to drive through the city, he was SO proud of himself till he saw the size of the hills.

We didnt take many photos after that,it was mostly driving through the states above california -> Alaska,lemme tell you though dont drive through Canada if its just yourself because those back roads had me NERVOUS with how rare gas stations are. The views are beautiful though alot of them were painting worthy,

So now we are in Anchorage,Alaska for 4 years. I started working at Target Oct. 5th, so if any of you live up here check me out im @ the one right off the JBER Base. Also I would say about 2-3 weeks ago we adopted a very handsome boy named "Bruce". He was born August 11th. Hes a little rascal but we are training him not to be..hes also super photogenic.

Bonus: Domino is trying to get along with him but shes an old grouchy girl
  2. Do you mean you were gone for 3 or 4 years or is this the alternate Aikar mistake?
  3. Welcome back to EMC Q :)

Assuming it could be, you can interpretate it in four ways:
    • I have been apart from EMC for three quarters of a year
    • I have been apart from EMC for three or four years
    • I have been a part of EMC for three quarters of a year
    • I have been a part of EMC for three or four years.
  4. Woot Q welcome back :D

I’ve loved seeing your adventures along the way - you’ve travellled so far! Can’t wait for a proper catch up :)
    Qkazooo likes this.
  5. Welcome back Qkazoo07 xP

I'm glad you stuck with Bruce as that names fits so well
    Qkazooo likes this.
  6. Now that's a road trip! :D
    Welcome back Qkazooo
  7. welcome back to EMC.. Thanks for sharing part of the adventure with us.
    Qkazooo likes this.
  8. Well, I remember her being active about a year ago, so...I guess Aikar mistake? (sorry, don't get the reference)
  9. You're right, maybe she means three quarters of a year! I'm not sure...

Aikar once put something like "Be apart of the community!" in an official EMC advert, while he obviously intended to put "Be a part of". I call that the alternate Aikar mistake because there's already another mistake I call the Aikar mistake: "should of [verb]" instead of "should have [verb]". If you haven't noticed, Aikar does this 100% of the time. :p It's hardly ever confusing, though, while "apart of" instead of "a part of" certainly can be.
    MoreMoople and Gawadrolt like this.
  10. Welcome back! *crosses fingers for more player/staff head auctions*
    I'm in love with Domino's ears! She looks like a tiny deer she is absolutely adorable!
    Qkazooo, SkeleTin007 and Gawadrolt like this.
  11. welcome back. Get ready for winter... I am anxious for you lol.
    Qkazooo likes this.
  12. Heya Q! Welcome back :)
    Looks like you had a great time. Love that alien you got in New Mexico... Did you see any roadrunners? They're pretty common in my part of the state. Also, your dogs are adorable! :D
    Qkazooo and 607 like this.
  13. Welcome back Q!
  14. this explains your absence... well glad to see youre back! <3
  15. Awesome! Welcome back! :D
    Qkazooo likes this.
  16. archeage is bad
    Qkazooo likes this.
  17. You should of noticed a lot of Americans do this (at least East Coast) :p
    JohnKid and Gawadrolt like this.
  18. Welcome back Q! I hope you had an amazing road trip.

Travelling to different states is probably the coolest things anyone can do.

I hope to cross paths in game and say hi. :p
  19. Welcome back Q! Hope you and all the Continuum are just back to wreak havoc on us por mortals ;)
    Gawadrolt and Qkazooo like this.
  20. Both of those have become normal parts of American English now. Are they grammatically correct? Technically no, but like Sydney said, many Americans talk and write that way now. It's so common now, that it's become almost acceptable. Maybe not yet in school or professional writings, where strict grammar rules matter to a degree, but it's becoming more accepted. Eventually, they could become part of accepted American English, if their usage continues to grow over time ;)

It's interesting to watch how "language" continues to grow and evolve with time, almost like it's a living organism.

Anyways, welcome back Q! I'm glad to see that one of the people who actually made SMP8 the weird server at one time has returned! :D Looking forward to seeing you in-game ;)