[Idea] Voter Items Overhaul

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Tuqueque, Aug 14, 2022.

?

How do you feel about these ideas?

Poll closed Sep 18, 2022.
I like #1 Virtual Items 3 vote(s) 50.0%
I like #2 Upgradable Enchants and weapons 5 vote(s) 83.3%
I like #3 New Items 5 vote(s) 83.3%
I don't see EMC with any of these ideas 1 vote(s) 16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Now, here’s a big one peeps, I am writing this just as an steam of consciousness- brainstorm on how I would overhaul voting rewards. Not necessarily with the intend to get approved, but for future EMC items/features to maybe get some inspiration from this. When laying out idea, I did try to keep the balance and spirit of voting items in place as well as researched damage/speed value and how enchantments affect them.

TLDR at the bottom!

Item: Enchants (Max Enchant in vanilla)
    Leather armor - dyeable -
    Boots: P1,FF5 (P4, FF4)
    Legs: P2 (P4)
    Chest: P3, T1 (P4, T3)
    Head: P1, Re3, AA5 (P4, Re3, AA1)

Iron&Diamond tools -
    Axe, Pick, Shovel: E1,F3 (E5, F3)
    Hoe: E1F3 (E5, F3) [Fun Fact: for some reason iron hoes are nerfed at only F1, lol]
    Sword: S1,L3,FA1 (S5,L3,FA2)

Shears: E1,F3 (E5,F0)
    Fishing Rod: LotS3,L3 (LotS3,L3)
    Bow: P1,I,L3,Pu1,Fl1 (P5,I,L0,Pu2,Fl1)

1. Virtual Items

Now my first big change would be to turn voting items into Virtual” items.

What does this mean? That you would no longer be able to place these items in chest(or any containers, including ender chest and vault, mail, armor stands), no dropping items , not transferrable to anyone basically. This would be implemented by a new custom enchant called “Soul-touched”enchant or “Dragon-touched”, or just a perk of the Voter Reward Tags that these items already have

But Tuqueque, how would I get rid of my voter items when I no longer need them, and I can’t put them in chest? Well first, I want to explain why make voter items virtual? Even though I have bought voter items from other people and even sold some of mine, which I later bought back, I agree with EMC’s direction of such items where they are disallowed from Auction, and I quote from KrysyyA voters item is a personalized reward for your contributions to the Empire. It is not intended to be sold in the first place, and is actually eligible for a one-time replacement if it were ever lost. The allowance of the items in the auctionable items section will directly contradict the intention of the item's existence in the first place.”

So here is how I would implement this: Summon-able voter gear. Voter items being able to be summoned anywhere. /mygear (or /voter tools or whatever command you like) This would open a chest interface (For narrative purposes, I’ll call this the Voter Pouch). In the Voter Pouch you can see the voting gear you currently have “Soul Touched” , if you left-click X tool in the GUI, it would place it in your inventory, if there are slots available. Armor, would directly place it in armor slot, if possible, if not inventory as well

How would you get rid of the items? when looking at your inventory (inventory opened) you should right click any item you want to unsummon and it will return your items to the Voter Pouch.

—> if implemented, some protections and limitations to consider

1. make sure that you are still unable to drop voter item by accidentally pressing a, like right now with all voter items
    2. If a player glitches the inventory to the point where there are no longer spaces in the inventory, return the item via “mail” to the Voter pouch with a fee of 500r.

But hey, I like to display my items to the public, these virtual items are no good for me! Don’t worry, I have some solutions worked up.

On top of wanting to display items, some players might still want to have some tangibility of items, so when first making the transition to virtual voter gear it would be opt-in.

1. Players who have reached vote-streak 100 will unlock the /mygear command. When receiving vote rewards you would still get them via mail but once you turn them into virtual gear by clicking them into the Voter Pouch they would be virtual forever. This “voter item evolution” would be optional. At least for OG players.
    2. When Right Clicking virtual voter items into Item frames, a ghost item with the colored name would be displayed, when destroying item frame or taking out item, virtual item would just disappear (if implemented, careful with snowballs, bows, projectiles in general)
    3. The voter chest, this would be a new voter item which you can place in your residence. When right clicked by other players, they would be able to see your your Voter Pouch interface - /mygear GUI - to check your progress and brag about your items!
    4. About when and where you should be able to summon: I feel everyone should be able to summon/unsummon voter tools in the Frontier and Waste, maybe make it a supporter perk if within EULA. 5 minutes after PvE. Or just have it as /vault where it’s only in town and spawns.
    5. When you die, return them to the Voter Pouch
    6. When in different smps, either make you unsummon it in the other smp, or just allow to carry a set of your voter gear in every smp at the same time.
    7. Integrate a banner section to this interface
    If Empire banners will exist, include it automatically for free - with particles
    At X voting streak earn a Personalized banner, where you can store your own design and wear it - no particles

2. Upgradable Enchants and weapons
    Now this is in inspiration of Prison servers where you can upgrade your pickaxe enchant level and custom enchants. The following is an adapted version to EMC of the idea. I’ll separate enchants descriptions per item set in the following spoilers.

After reaching vote bonus 400 or Note1*, Players would unlock the ability to upgrade/modify their voter tools that have served them quite well so far. This would be done by spending Upgrade Stars - new digital non-tradeable currency. These would be earned every 50 vote bonuses after and including bonus 400. Each star would be used to purchase a single upgrade in a single item. Choose wisely!

These upgrades mainly consist of 3 different ways to personalize your voter gear:

1. Material Swap: unlock your Iron/Diamond gear as Gold/Netherite gear. You can switch between materials after unlocking such upgrade whenever you want. - balance being kept in mind for enchants when doing so.
    2. Opt-In Enchants: want to have Silk Touch sometimes, and other times fortune, allow it! Fire Aspect, allow for it to remove it if you want and so on
    3. Enchant level increase: level increases such as sharpness 1->2

Skip spoilers, if you don't want specific details per item

Our current iron tools include:

Axe, Pick, Shovel: E1,F3 (E5, F3)
    Hoe: E1F1 (E5, F3) - if/when updating these, please update the fortune level for iron hoes lol, it currently is only at 1 while Diamond at 3.
    -----
    • Material Swap: Iron <-> Gold
      • Cost : 1 Star
      • Each has its pros and cons in mechanics and cosmetics, so this is adding versatility to low level mining. Don’t believe buffs or nerfs are required here.
    • Opt-In Silk Touch - When summoning such tool you choose which enchant to use at the moment - Cost 1 star to unlock, free to switch whenever
    Sword: S1,L3,FA1 (S5,L3,FA1)
    • Material Swap: Iron <-> Gold
      • 1 Star
      • Each has its pros and cons in mechanics and cosmetics, so this is adding versatility to low level mining.
      • When it becomes Gold - it adds +1 to the sharpness enchant (removes the +1 when back to iron)
    • Option to disable Fire Aspect, but also upgradeable to fire aspect 2 - a star each
    • Sweeping Edge 3 - cost 2 Stars
    • Knockback 1: 1 star
    • Maybe Option to upgrade Base Sharpness from 1 to 2.
    • Opt-In Enchant: Sharpness: for a star each, you can unlock, Smite, Bane of Arthropods, etc, and decide which one you need to the occasion.

Our current Diamond tools include:

Axe, Pick, Shovel, Hoe: E1,F3 (E5, F3)
    • Material Swap: Diamond<-> Netherite
      • Cost : 2 Star + Netherite Block + steel ingot?
      • Debuff: -1 Efficiency on Netherite
    • Opt-In Silk Touch - When summoning such tool you choose which enchant to use at the moment - Cost 1 star to unlock, free to switch whenever
    • Enchant Upgrade - Base Efficiency from 1 to 2

Sword: S1,L3,FA1 (S5,L3,FA1)

• Material Swap: Diamond<-> Netherite
      • Cost : 2 Star + Netherite Block + steel ingot?
      • Debuff: -1 Sharpness on Netherite
    • Enchant Upgrade - Base Sharpness from 1 to 2
    • Option to disable Fire Aspect, but also upgradeable to fire aspect 2 (a star each)
    • Sweeping Edge 3: cost 2 Stars
    • Knockback 1: 1 star
    • Sharpness swap - Like you can unlock smite, on the same level as regular sharpness, for 1 star. These would not be stackable, one would have to choose which to choose when you summon the sword

Boots: P1,FF5 (P4, FF4)
    Legs: P2 (P4)
    Chest: P3, T1 (P4, T3)
    Head: P1, Re3, AA5 (P4, Re3, AA1)

Add modern mobility enchants at level 1 for free: swift sneak1, depth strider 1, frost walker 1 - these additions would be free and would come for integrated for new accounts voting.

And it would cost 2 stars each to max those enchants to their respective vanilla max, wouldn't recommend going beyond that.

1 star upgrades
    Thorns 1 upgrade for legs
    Respiration 4 and 5 for helmet
    Depth strider 4

Maybe Protection swap? Like you can unlock projectile protection, on the same level as regular protection, for 1 star. These would not be stackable, one would have to choose when you summon the armor

Material Swap: when you reach vote streak 1000 - you can brag about gold voting armor - for free, (objectively worse, but cosmetics 100%)

In the situation that someone is very keen on not getting a voting streak or doesn’t want to wait to use features, or maybe EULA compliance or weird stuff…

Note1*
    • Unlock /mygear and get tools with less than X or 0 vote streak: 300k tokens
    • Unlock upgrading such gear 200k tokens
    • Unlock each tool: 50k tokens each, 200k each for Diamond pick, bow and sword.
    Be able to buy stars:

With rupees 5 max, priced at 25k, 50k, 100k, 250k and 500k
    Tokens- 15 to infinite: 150k tokens

With all the suggestions I made, this would mean a total of of 36 stars needed to “max out” voter armor. This means vote streak 2200 for free stars at 50 streak intervals, or more than 5.4m tokens or 4.6m + 1m rupees for impatient people with the above values

Note: I’m pretty bad at determining what would be a balanced price for these, but these seem hard enough, that it showcases good effort for EMC while not necessarily voting/being patient.

Possibly even add these stars as possible drops for diff9+ bosses.
    UltiPig, DrasLeona247 and Kryarias like this.
  2. 3. New Items

• Voter Chest - Discussed in #1 Final Notes
    • Voter Personalized Banner - Discussed in #1 Final Notes
    The following tools: earned at X votings streak, or required X voting streak + 20k tokens to unlock.

• Shield - P1
    • Flint and steel
    • Recovery compass
    • Turtle Shell - P1, Re1, AA3
    • Elytra- Not unbreakable- with Unb2 or 3 max. When the elytra is about to break, it sends warning. When it breaks and the player returns it to the Voter Pouch, it needs to recharge for 30 minutes
    • Trident - Impaling 1 and Loyalty 1 or 2
    • Crossbow - QuickCharge 1, Piercing 1, if upgrading tools implemented, option to swap piercing for multi shot
    3.1 Possible Variations

• Be able to Favorite a Loadout if #1 is implemented
    4. Conclusion and Demo Video (tldr)

I know this was a big read, so thank you for reading if you got here. For those that did not read, I prepped a small video showcasing the gist of my idea - please excuse the lack cosmetics and my video editing =P

4.1 TLDR - Mini Video

This video is highlight a very rough sketch of what I described in #1 and and one a few of the things discussed in #2 for only the iron sword. This suggestion goes into detail about on each of the items and specific feature additions and limitations, so please keep that in mind, when replying if you only watched the video.

Note: I forgot to subtract the Upgrade Star, when I "purchased" Smite, but otherwise all the other elements are accurate. And a naming issue at the beginning with Iron instead of Voter Sword

4.2 TLDR:
    • 1. Convert voter items, into a "virtual" version where they can summon them whenever/wherever they which. Voter items, would then become untangible tools, non transferable between players or storage locations
    • 2. Being able to increase enchants in such voter items with combination of voting streak and token + personalization (being able to choose between fortune and silk touch for example)
    • 3. New Voter items from new tools from updates from the past years.
    4.2 Conclussion
    If devs are enthusiastic about these ideas, and it gets positive receptions as well, I feel these could bring a lot of new challenges and enjoyment for EMC players. Usefulness for tokens, players seeking to spend those tokens for these tool upgrades, and even if that isn’t received well, feel like some of the general ideas could be adapted to fit EMC better.

A few years ago the gear market crashed, the only costly thing for a new gear set is the netherite, other wise a fully maxed Diamond gear set can be achieved with 20 minutes of gameplay with all the public utilities available, this means that that the unbreakable voting perk became somewhat irrelevant, and I feel the changes I suggested brings a new style of gameplay which can be used in EMC, while also encouraging group play and engagement through token sinks and fun cosmetics.

Even if it will take a big chunk of dev time, even to the point that this becomes a whole update, I feel that it brings enough adventuring and new goals to pursue that it might be worth to adapt some of these ideas to EMC. And as I said in the beginning, this is how I would overhaul the voting items in EMC. I know that this falls mostly outside of the “French vanilla”, but even so, I do see real value to these if incorporated with enough effort and challenges for both new and end-game players
  3. Reserved for noteworthy post- usually just quote good constructuve replies so they can be featured in the first page.

also, if you want to discuss voter items in general feel free to do so :)