Ice Age is over

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Apr 16, 2022.

?

Which Ice Age films have you seen? (either in theatre or elsewhere)

Ice Age 8 vote(s) 100.0%
Ice Age: The Meltdown 6 vote(s) 75.0%
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs 7 vote(s) 87.5%
Ice Age: Continental Drift 4 vote(s) 50.0%
Ice Age: Collision Course 2 vote(s) 25.0%
None of the above. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi, it's me again!

It came to my attention that the Ice Age franchise, created by Blue Sky Studios, is now fully controlled by Disney. They'll probably make more films (although the franchise hasn't been doing well lately), but Blue Sky Studios is done.
    And they finished the story with one final short.

Zomberina and Nickblockmaster like this.
  2. I heard about the wrap up the night before. What do you think about it? Do you think we will continue seeing more of these movies unfold as spin offs or are they finished?

Personally, I've only seen the first three. They're kiddish, but the humor for older peeps was a good take. It's a good mix. I'll get around to watching the others eventually, but with such a growing watchlist, that might take a while!
    607 likes this.
  3. Ice Age and Ice Age: The Meltdown are two movies I watched constantly as a kid, and managed to give me a love for On The Way by Rusted Root that lasts to this day, but I have absolutely no recollection of either of them aside from some standout scenes featuring Sid and Scrat. Can't forget the okbuddy + twitter phase of just absolutely ripping the crap out of the ice age baby throughout the pre-lockdown phase of 2020 either and then just outright blaming it for COVID during the first lockdown lmao
  4. Probably won’t have any more movies but I could see Disney making a show out of it for Disney+ I’m sure there would be a lot of kids that might watch a show about the characters.. Come on we all loves that Buck (Weasel) and the twins (Possums).
  5. There was going to be a tv series about them, but it was turned into a film instead: Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild. Maybe you already knew this. :p

I saw Ice Age 3 and Ice Age 4 in cinema. I liked Ice Age 3 a lot, but didn't like Ice Age 4. I'm not interested in seeing the fifth, but I might rewatch the original, one day, for its 'historical value', and inspiring a video game I'm very fond of.
    I think Disney will keep the franchise alive in some way, as while it's not doing too hot at the moment, I think it still has potential.
    AncientTower and Nickblockmaster like this.
  6. Ahhh why did that short hit all the feels :(:(
  7. That short was lovely. Before the animators closed up shop at their studio, they finally gave one of their most beloved characters the ending they deserved! <3
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  8. yea... sound sadly :( for the squirrel
    p/s: i would like to watch next vid on internet once i done work in school
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  9. Scrat got the acorn finally!

Thanks for the memories Blue Sky Studios
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.