I need new music to listen to so I need recommendations on stuff.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShyguytheGamer1, Aug 28, 2017.

?

do you like what i like?

YES I LOVE LOUD STUFF 4 vote(s) 50.0%
NO I HATE THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN HEAR IT RAWR 4 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. I want to listen to some new music. Because I'm bored and have nothing else to do when I'm home alone with a sister no parent.

So, what I listen to is Metal and Rock, as well as some acoustic and indie music, and ambient stuff.

I'll tell you if I listen to the band or not if you say listen to this band but I already listen to it.

Edit: Preferably looking for a full album, and not individual songs.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  2. YouTube a song you like and then follow YouTube's recommendations. I found many great ones this way. Just be warned no matter what path it brings you down it will always lead to a snake eating a tiger or something.
  3. White Album
    Weezer
  4. Hm, I only listen to video game music, with some exceptions.
    I hope you'll find some more things you like. :)
  5. Actually I like some video game soundtracks. Wanna suggest one? :p
  6. Well, going of the genres you mentioned, there are some things I perhaps shouldn't suggest... :p
    How about Jazz Jackrabbit? It's got some really great tracks. I'd recommend one, but eh... most are great, so it'd probably be best to just listen to the entire thing. :p

My favourite soundtrack on 16-/32-bit home computers is Lotus III - The Ultimate Challenge. It is incredible on both Atari ST and Amiga, but to truly enjoy the Atari ST version, you must appreciate bleepy soundchips. ;) So here's a compilation of the Amiga version: Lotus III (the first real track starts at 0:56, the bit before it is building suspense and isn't present in the Atari version).
  7. Just filled with memes. Try again.
    Hmm, that one might be good.
  8. meh

Somebody Else - The 1975
    This Must Be My Dream - The 1975
    Sex - The 1975
    Kiwi - Harry Styles
    Television Romance - Pale Waves
    Flame - Sundara Karma
    Chinatown - Liam Gallagher
    The Man - The Killers
    Run for Cover - The Killers
    Wonderful Wonderful - The Killers
    Cherry - Lana Del Rey
    Blue - The Sherlocks

way more if you want some
    deathconn and Oriethet like this.
  9. As most of you probanly know, I don't know much about metal and roch and so, but I do know some Indie songs, so, let's tell you about that then :p

Melody Gardot - Four Women, Goodby & If I tell you I love you (I'm lying)
    This is Indie the way I know it, it, for most people, leans to jazz (as Melody Gardot is a jazz artist, my favourite to be exact) but it defenetly can be seen as Indie, and if you're looking for something new, this might be a thing for you.

Madeleine Peyroux - Secular Hymns (Album)
    This is the way I got in to indie music, Peyroux is an amazing artist that I know via her jazz songs, but with this album she takes a few really famous jazz songs, and covers them to be indie music, I mainly really like this album becuase I know the original songs, but, it might be something for you aswell (if you really listen to indie that is :p )

Also, This technically isn't your kind of rock (old style it is), and I wouldn't say it is really music for you, But, my little syster, who listens to the same music as you seems to do (she doesn't know a ot of bands though) really liked it, so the famous 60's artist Van Morison recently releaced a new album with some kind of his vision of what modern roch should be, it isn't uploaded to youtube, but the album is called "keep me singing" And, if you're like my sister, you might like it.

For the last thing I mainly an curious, becuase I'd call this song rock, but, as it is from a jazz album, I don't know if you'd like it or not, please tell me what you think about it, I think it's worth it :p

Due to Gardot being a story teller, The song starts at 1:31, but it has a tipical jazz intro, so you most-likely find it interesting trom 2:50

I guess that's all, I don't know if it's usefull, but it's always fun to look through your own music and think about what other might like :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  10. Pretty much everything Alan Walker has made in the last 4 years.
  11. Interesting selections...
    Who the hell is that
    No, too much pop, shut it down lol
  12. 607 likes this.
  13. Have you listened to the new Taylor Swift?
  14. On cell at cne so will be short.

Depends on what your doing.

When I am Driving I listen to rock. When I need to focus I listen to sound tracks and sound scores.
  15. i'd rather vomit in a bowl for an entire day straight than listen to this song again.
    I'm bored. give me anything.
  16. Basically.
    I like this song for some reason.