I just hit 5 years here. What is your first memory of EMC?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by samtheboo, Feb 26, 2017.

?

What milestone will you hit in 2017?

5 years 13 vote(s) 29.5%
4 years 5 vote(s) 11.4%
3 years 9 vote(s) 20.5%
2 years 8 vote(s) 18.2%
1 year 3 vote(s) 6.8%
I legit just joined. 6 vote(s) 13.6%
  1. Some of the things I remember on EMC:
    -RTS (teleport signs) being added
    -SMP 8 and 9 being added
    -BungeeCord being added (yes, we used to have to add utopia.empireminecraft.com and smp6.empireminecraft.com and manually switch)
    -IceCreamCow's parties on utopia (there were 50 people there, it was madness back then)
    -The /park going derelect as GameKribJeremy moved to IceCreamCow and forgot, haha
    -When Maxarias got married
    -When Aikar took over
    -The 60k event (yes, i am still the proud owner of a turfinator)

My first memory was digging in my residence for ores. I joined on Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 11:40 am pst.
    When did you join, and what was your first memory of EMC?
    LoneStarInc, 607, ShelLuser and 5 others like this.
  2. Congratulations on 5 years! Looks like lots of people have been hitting that milestone this year.
    I joined EMC on January 6, 2012. One of my oldest memories on the server is having to donate just to get on, because at the time EMC only had 5 servers and they were always full
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Congratulations on 5 years of EMC! :D

I joined on November 26, 2011 (on another account). :D So that means that I can't answer your goal, as I'll reach 6 years this year! :D

My first memory is trying to find my way through the sandstone maze tutorial, while I was still very young, knew little English, and not able to & too lazy to properly unserstand all the questions and answer them correctly, making me have to retry questions very often. :p
    Tuq_SolidColor, Jelle68, 607 and 2 others like this.
  4. Congrats on 5 years. I'll have to wait 3 for my 5. So I'm a late comer to the server. I don't really remember my first thoughts about this place. They must have been good cause I'm still here.
    Tuq_SolidColor and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. This will be my 6th year coming up. My first memory is looking for the pool that no longer exists and not knowing about the /v command.
    Silken_thread and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. I legit just joined....

CONGRATS
  7. Wow Sam, I remember everything you mentioned beside those parties at utopia.. Seems like ive been missing some of the good stuff.. I do remember some of those stress tests..

The /park.. there also were some rollercoasters back in those days
    And a parkour on smp1 with a giant blastoise on top... This one shouldve been protected for anti derelict..

smp5, always full, the tele signs and plates, auto switch server, new servers comming out. The 60k event, full set here, justin and icc beeing alive, the moment you get supporter status *kewl*
    I moved to smp9 and the server got fill of new players with all the basic questions back in those days ;-D

Well well... due to medical reasons I cant think of anything else right now, but as we all know we were here back in those days, brought emc this far together :p cant explain more
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. Just hit 5 years a few days ago 27th February 2012 was my join date, remember servers 7 - 9 being added and many players who no longer play on EMC. Many changes and sad staff losses such as Maxarias, shaunwhite1982, and many others. EMC has gone through many changes including new ownership. I am sure there will be many more changes in the future, it's good to see so many of the old players still here.
    shaunwhite1982, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. My first memory of EMC was being completely freaked out by the flying skeleton (Marlix) stalking me in the tutorial area in March of 2014.

The first event I remember was the zombie apocalypse which took over the server a few days later on April Fool's Day. Everyone who was touched by an infected player would turn into one.

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/april-fools-empire-minecraft-under-attack-by-zombies.37829/

Even more humorous was the fact that this coincided on the day which Mojang decided to change everyone's player skin so that they resembled a villager.

https://mojang.com/2014/04/minecraft-is-experiencing-some-problems/

So you had a herd of sentient zombies chasing around panicked villagers all over EMC. I keep hoping Aikar will do this again one day.
  10. My first memory on emc? Taking down my res on smp3 to move to smp7 because my brother landed there. :p
    Tuq_SolidColor and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. Going to hit two years over the summer, one of my first and best memories ever is oddly specific but also hilarious.

I believe it was Simon and Matheus who did this, they got a bunch of people at smp2 spawn, spawned in a bunch of saddled pigs, then put leads on all of them

They then proceeded to fly us all around town and eventually on top of the giant Tardis where we got struck by lightning
    AKing707 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. Ehh playing with my irl friends.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. My very first memory is using torches quickly on my residence so that mobs would not spawn. I was a little afraid of them at the time.
    Silken_thread and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. Congrats!! My milestone this year is 1000 days but it isn't on there. I joined January 16th 2015.

My first EMC memory is a birthday party for Chey05 with Appl3z and astern flyer.

I have many great memories that I can't remember :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Congratulations on 5 years of playing!

Aaah, my favorite kind of thread: a trip down to memory lane :)

I joined end 2014 so at the end of this year it'll mark my 3rd. And you're right, it's amazing how much the server changed over time. Most people just take things for granted (don't we all?) but if you sum up all the new features then you'll get quite an impressive list :)

I'd write up a whole list but I don't think I can come up with something which hasn't already been mentioned before ;)
  16. Congratulations! I've been around since December 2nd 2015, my first memory though has to do with an argument between Blinkybinky and Neonkillah about penguins. It was quite a ludicrous conversation from when people still actually talked on SMP4.
    Equinox_Boss and ESSELEM like this.
  17. First memory, getting to my res and walking looking around at all the great builds.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. I joined sometime in November or October 2012 (Different account, belonged to my brother, name's currently Nefian, /p Nefian says it all)

I'll be honest I really don't know what it was about the EMC wilderness (aka most of my present gameplay) that kept me coming back at that time. The Wilderness was the ONLY way to get resources and it sucked. I remember the first time I was there for wilderness resets and within a day it looked like nothing changed at all.

I did like the friends I had there, the people I liked talking to, not getting killed and griefed because I can't fight for the life of me, and the 6 hours of mining in a not wasteland.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. U shure? Your profile says you joined back in 2011....
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. Maybe I was brainwashed.... Lele joke