I haz all your friendship ;)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PirateOfDW, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Sure do!! Welcome, then. :)
    PirateOfDW likes this.
  2. Woah... You played Minecraft underwater... So what if you have an ocean exploration in minecraft while in that submarine? What would that be called? Perhaps it's like a shark drinking a glass of water while swimming in water... Maybe... I have absolutely no idea where this is going.

Anyways... Welcome to a cool place with cool people who make cool things in their cool places!

Also...
    This guy. This guy right here.
  3. So I was going to go for a pirate ship but now I'm really thinking I might have to build an as close to the real deal submarine inside and out from memory. Maybe I should make a topic to have somewhere to ask advice...
  4. Advice: MAKE IT YELLOW :p

Welcome to EMC. I logged in last night/early this am to say Hi and see how you were doing but you were afk with your head twisted in a 180 on some trees o_o''
    PirateOfDW, sonicol1 and penfoldex like this.
  5. Lol thx. I was probably doing something with my kids. They come and attack me so I'm always going afk at akward moments. I will of course be making the sub as exact of a replica of my own sub as possible.
  6. Oh, if it was a joke, it was a borderline one, and every joke contains truth inside :)

Oh, I think it needs to go into deep waters :)
    It is over 170 blocks long if built 1:1. If one wants more details, it would need to be expanded a bit because of one-block thick walls, so I'd estimate about 220 x 25 blocks footprint :)
  7. Ty for the advice. I've got some pictures of the exact boat type. Where did the 170 blocks long come from? I calculated the max length on 60x60 plot to be around 80 accounting for width of sub.
    ninjaboy5656 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  8. A thought: instead of building the entire sub, you could only build the interior, and link the sections with telepads. That way, you could exceed the 60x60-imposed length limit by putting the different sections underground. Of course, it would only work if the entrance is in that black part sticking out from the top of the sub - which I'm guessing isn't the case.
    PirateOfDW likes this.
  9. Well in case you don't have enough room to build it in a horizontal position you could always build it vertical :D
    mba2012 and supereskimo like this.
  10. Ohio class, 170,7 m LOA
    1 block ≈ 1 m (since Steve is 1.73 blocks tall) :)
    PirateOfDW likes this.
  11. Used to live just down the road from Faslane (UK's nuclear sub base) many years ago, and used to sail with my Dad in races up the Holy Loch by USS Proteus (your nuke sub base in the UK - then anyway :) - I'm talking about the 60's :eek:), so welcome to EMC:cool:
    mba2012 and PirateOfDW like this.
  12. Do you like pie? Well, anyways welcome to the Empire. Visit SMP3 would you?
    PirateOfDW likes this.
  13. One block = 1m (approx), thus overall length of USS Maryland is circa 170 blocks so if you wish to build in town you would have to scale down - probably making it impossible to move inside - Build in the wilderness and scale up! ;)
    margaritte likes this.
  14. Lol building in the wilderness... That doesn't sound like fun. Maybe later when I'm rich and awesome!
    ninjaboy5656 likes this.
  15. Wow that's cool :) The Brits still come to our subbase all the time. You have a shared dock in Georgia.
    ninjaboy5656 and ZBSDKryten like this.
  16. This is a fantastic idea!! I could build just the top part of the sub partially out of water in full scale with the missle deck. Then make the interior with teleporters like you said. TY!
  17. It's Impossible to make something Yellow in minecraft! There is no Yellow in monitors! (Excluding the new 4 Color Monitors)
    THIS ISN'T YELLOW! It's different mixtures of Blue,red, and green tricking your brain!
  18. Thank you for your visit! And the early xmas present :)
  19. Under the ocean, of course :)
    Perhaps some other subs would join the party :)
    PirateOfDW likes this.
  20. Now that is an interesting idea. I know I'll be doing my res first tho.